Our client is a global professional accountancy body with over 1200 staff in 53 countries.
We’re looking for an Audit Qualifications' Technical Adviser (QTA) on a full time, permanent basis. Applicants must be hold a professional accountancy qualification, have post qualifying audit experience in practice, and have excellent technical understanding of the relevant syllabus subjects
This position sits within the Professional Qualifications team, and can be based in our client's London or Glasgow offices OR the role can be home-based (as most meetings an be accommodated virtually). The current QTA team is split between London and Glasgow offices, and some existing team members are home-based.
If home-based, going to either the London or Glasgow office 1 or 2 days a week is ideal (but not required) as it enables the sense of being part of a team, gaining a better understanding of what is coming and planning for the future. It is not a requirement however each week. There may be occasional days (5-10) a year when travel is needed outside of London/Glasgow.
As a QTA, you will work within a small team of technical people to ensure the relevance and quality control of all audit exams, learning support and syllabi across the client’s qualifications, ranging from technician to master’s degree level. This includes quality assurance of international and adapted audit exams for up to 20 different countries, for which training will be given.
QTAs are instrumental in the organisation's transition to computer-based exams (CBE). This role focuses on shaping the syllabus, examinable documents, learning support resources (e.g. examiner reports, articles, presentations) and exams for the Audit streams within the client’s qualifications.
You will liaise with professionally qualified audit experts from the UK and internationally.
In the job you will:
- Lead the quality assurance and standard setting of exam content and style.
- Liaise with the examining team and contribute to finalising key exams at examination panel meetings, providing detailed input.
- Lead the development of new syllabi, exam structures and formats.
- Work with the relevant inspector to ensure that certain exams are suitable for specific markets.
- Give advice and information to lecturers, and respond to audit related queries from students and learning providers.
- Source or write technical articles and other learning support products, and input to presentations to show changes to exams.
- Develop, create and manage blueprints for exam delivery, and ensure that the examining team are aware of their role and requirements.
- Contribute to the marking standardisation process and attend marking standardisation meetings.
- Review question statistical performance to improve the quality of the examinations.
- Carry out, or assure the quality of, annual updates of specimen exams and practice tests. Support approved content providers in shaping annual content reviews.
- Represent the client as the technical expert such as attendance at Exam Review Boards and Education forums
- Select, manage, and contribute to training for question writers and reviewers.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is able to build strong relationships with colleagues and external contacts including those working at partner level in accounting practice and professors in academia, and to act as an ambassador for the organisation in external meetings
- Can deal effectively with large volumes of work to strict deadlines using a well organised, logical and methodical approach
And who has:
- A professional accountancy qualification, obtained mainly with good first time passes and post qualifying audit experience
- Excellent technical understanding of the relevant syllabus subjects
- Experience of working in an educational environment and a clear understanding of different exam levels.
- With training, the ability to balance multiple exams across a session with CBE provision to ensure that all are at the same standard
- Ability to appoint and train suitable external people for CBE
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
This vacancy is being advertised by FJWilson Talent Services. The services advertised by FJWilson Talent Services are those of a recruitment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community. Furthermore, all qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from persons holding equivalent qualifications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job