Audit Manager - Top10 Firm - SUPERB ROLE
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top10 Accountancy Practice who are looking to strengthen their senior team with the appointment of an Audit Manager for their offices in Reading, Berkshire. The role is 100% Commercial Audit and you will be required to manage Qualified audit staff, liaise with Audit Partners and Directors, and review the audits for both Corporate PLCs & PE-backed businesses. The team across the Thames Valley region cover three locations and consists of over 90 Audit Specialists. Key duties include:
- Managing a portfolio of large audit clients with turnovers to £750m, includingUK multi-national FTSE/AIM listed and private groups, along with PE-backed enterprises.
- Managinglarge corporate clients including those with complex issues requiring higher levels of ad-hoc work
- AssistingPartners & Directors in planning & executing audit engagements, including open and close meetings with clients
- Business development and winning work by proactively managing existing clients and targeting new audit clients
- Reviewing and appraising internal working practices, identifying areas where efficiency improvements can be made within the Audit function.
- Involvement in internal compliance procedures (e.g. quality control reviews, money laundering procedures etc)
- Assisting audit partners in establishing the audit approach; reviewing audit work papers and ensuring that audit files are completed in a timely manner
- Specific responsibility for a group of employees to ensure audit work is appropriately completed to satisfy audit objectives
- Acting as a trusted business adviser to clients, managing a significant portfolio and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues and clients
To be considered for the Audit Manager role you should be a qualified ACA/ICAS/ACCA Accountant with at least 5 years’ experience running large Audit portfolios, and ideally from a Top100 or well-regarded Regional Accounting firm. Experience managing audits of a range of commercial companies ranging from OMBs, PE-backed, large listed and international groups is desirable and you should be able to manage a large portfolio of audit clients, and have excellent knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102. Expertise of IFRS and auditing listed companies would be beneficial and you should have extensive experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages, and experience of managing teams.
On offer is a salary up to £57,000 depending on experience with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) office by telephone or via email at admin@mcginnisloy. com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands, please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
- External Audit
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'