Audit Manager - SUPERB ROLE
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top40 Accountancy Practice who are looking to strengthen their senior team with the appointment of an Audit Manager/Audit & Accounts Manager for their offices in the Cheltenham/Gloucester area. The role is 80% Audit and 20% Accounts/Tax and you will be required to supervise junior PQ accountants, liaise with Partners and other Client Managers, reviewing the audits for both SME and Corporate PLC businesses. Key duties include:
- Managing a range of audit clients with turnovers from £1m to £100m. Clients include high street names, multi-national groups and venture capital backed enterprises.
- Managing certain corporate clients which fall outside the audit threshold, including those with complex issues requiring higher levels of ad-hoc work, i.e. cash flow forecasting, management accounts production.
- Close liaison with the internal tax department and the ability to deal with tax computations and corporation tax issues.
- Assist partners & directors in planning & executing audit engagements, including open and close meetings with clients
- Business development activities and winning work by proactively managing existing clients and targeting new audit and non-audit clients.
- Managing, motivating and developing a team of qualified & part qualified Auditors
- Providing input and recommendations into recruitment/staffing levels for the Audit team
- Reviewing and appraising internal working practices, identifying areas where efficiency improvements can be made within the Audit function.
- Establishing a strong network of contacts internally and externally, including bank managers and solicitors.
- Involvement in internal compliance procedures (e.g. quality control reviews, money laundering procedures etc.).
To be considered for the Audit Manager role you should be a qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant with at least 5 years experience running Audit portfolios, and ideally from a Top100 or well-regarded Regional Accounting firm. With strong audit, tax, statutory and annual accounts experience along with staff management, knowledge of mid-range accounting software (e.g. Iris Exchequer, Caseware, Sage Line 50) would also be useful.
On offer is a salary up to £60,000 depending on experience with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) office by telephone or via email at admin@mcginnisloy .com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands, please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
- Accountancy Firm
- External Audit
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'