Audit Manager - Glasgow
My client, a large independent firm of chartered accountants, is looking for an Audit Manager. The firm provides a full range of services to their clients including audit (both internal and external), accountancy and valued added, corporate and personal taxation, business advisory, corporate finance and consultancy services.
The Audit Manager will manage the delivery of work on external audits of a wide range of clients, including public and private sectors. Joining a team of managers, the successful candidate will manage a busy client portfolio, support the designated partners, manage and guide the Corporate Team and contribute to the business development of the department.
Key Responsibilities for the Audit Manager
- Management of client portfolio, liaising directly with all clients and reporting to partner
- Reviewing audit assignments and providing technical guidance to clients as necessary
- Supervising and guiding audit assignments as necessary
- Managing Fees and WIP
- Managing, coaching and training of audit staff
- Aiding development of department: production of tender documents; development of new clients; growth of the client base, primarily in the owner-managed sector; other relevant business development tasks
- Share in management of the department administration
Successful candidates must be able to work within a professional office environment. A relationship builder, you will possess the required interpersonal skills to liaise confidently and professionally with clients, contacts, stakeholders and teams across all sectors. You will play a key role in the management of a client portfolio and the development and growth of the department and will be expected to offer creative ideas and solutions on a regular basis. You will play a key support role to partner(s) in relation to clients.
- Professional qualification, eg, ICAS, ACA, ACCA
- Proven audit experience
- Appropriate awareness of ISAs and FRSs and technically up to date
- Involvement in business development
- Confident and professional communication skills (internal and external)
Please apply with your CV in the first instance. Please do note that you will need an appropriate amount of recent, relevant experience of working for a professional accountancy firm. Experience gained from positions held in commercial or industrial businesses is unfortunately not suitable on this occasion.
Not What You Were Looking For?
We don’t advertise all of our opportunities so if you would like to investigate alternatives please contact me. Rekroot (UK) Ltd is a specialist accountancy practice recruitment business. We cater for:
- Accounts, Audit, Business Assurance and Business Development
- Corporate, Personal, Indirect and Employment Taxes
- Corporate Finance and Transactional Services
- Business Restructuring, Corporate Recovery and Insolvency
- Outsourcing and Payroll Services
- IT Finance Systems
We look forward to working with you and being part of your success
- Management Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job