To support the Partners in developing the audit team in Manchester through the delivery of high quality audit services to clients, working as part of a team to win new business and helping to build a best in class audit department.
The client base in Manchester is mainly OMB businesses and a mix of large & listed, PE backed and academy clients.
• Assisting and advising the client service management team on the formulation of audit strategy and planning
• Providing advice to audit and/or client management
• Being a technical expert for the audit department
• Leading an audit team, ensuring the team complete in a timely manner within budget
• Managing audit assignments from planning through to finalisation of reports in line with agreed timescales
• Controlling time spent and monitoring actual time with the budget
• Business development, including working with colleagues in other teams
• People management – coaching, feedback, performance management, training and development, engaging high performing teams
• Act as a point of contact for both senior management and client
• Build strong working relationships with clients
• The role holder will show vision and strategic perspective
• Maintain control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with
• Responds to the needs of the client and staff
• Can deliver confident and clear presentations of service features and benefits to clients
• Ensures that the services provided are genuinely appropriate for the client.
• Qualified accountant – ACA/ACCA, or equivalent.
• Holds significant external audit experience managing a portfolio of clients and leading audit teams and a very good technical expertise
• Business development experience
• Owns strong relationship management ability
• People management experience
• As the position involves client contact, the person must be able to present a professional image to the firm’s clients.
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills required.
• A desire to help grow and develop the department.
• Ability to develop new initiatives and methodologies.
• Ability to identify issues thought sound analysis and application of commercial acumen in all situations.
• Ability to express ideas with authority and conviction throughout verbal and written communication.
• Ability to develop self and others.
• Possesses strengths in: technical excellence, innovation, adaptability, collaboration, drive, clarity, and business affinity.
Please CLICK HERE to download our benefits booklet
Please CLICK HEREto download the job description.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
We are an international, integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal, and advisory services. The Group has a presence in 77 countries and draws on the expertise of 17,000 professionals.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement – not pressure and competition.
Mazars LLP is an equal opportunities employer and all applications received by the firm will be considered by the firm on the basis of their merit alone and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of background. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate having/securing the right to work in the UK and providing the firm with evidence of that right (as required by the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006) prior to employment commencing.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"