My Client, a leading consultancy firm, are currently looking for a qualified Accountant at Manager Level to join their thriving Financial Services Audit department. Based in either Leeds or Manchester office, you will be part of a collaborative team in a fast paced and challenging environment.
You will build a portfolio of clients and have responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team (including other specialists), monitoring budgets and supervising the audit process. This will include
- Planning and reviewing audit fieldwork, statutory reporting and project management
- Keeping partners up to date with progress throughout the course of the assignment.
- Preparing and reviewing reports to senior management and audit committees.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff
- On-site involvement and being the key point of contact for senior level client staff throughout the year
- Keeping up to date with product and service offerings, identifying sales opportunities that will help us grow our business.
- Involvement in the department leadership team aiming to continue the growth of our Financial Services department.
To succeed in this challenging role you will meet the following criteria:
- Professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body, ACA, ACCA or CPA.
- Significant audit experience including practical experience within a Big 4 Accountancy firm or mid tier firm.
- Significant exposure to Financial Services audits is required
- Sound & practical working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
- You are required to possess well developed leadership, supervisory and coaching skills and have the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job