Our client is an award winning banking and financial services business going through a period of rapid growth and change. Group Internal Audit plays a key role in ensuring that the governance and internal control environment keeps pace and as a result they require an Audit Manger to support the Head of Audit.
- Develop an understanding of the business and future changes and perform a risk assessment to produce audits for inclusion in the audit plan.
- Ensure the audit strategy provides assurance over new and emerging risks.
- Execution and delivery of audits in line with audit methodology and IIA standards and budget
- Develop and maintain credibility with key business stakeholders from team leader to director level.
- With the agreement of the Head of Audit and IA Director perform risk advisory projects to support the business with high impact change initiatives.
- Produce IA reports which are impactful, balanced and address the root cause of issues. Ensure recommendations are commercial and address the on-going sustainability of the control environment.
- Ensure recommendations are followed up to closure and drive timely issue resolution and sustainability of implemented controls.
- Stay abreast of internal change strategy and external audit best practice, particularly areas of regulatory focus.
Being a qualified Accountant, ideally with a big 4 background, you will have experience of Audit in the banking sector, from either an internal or external perspective. With a good knowledge of audit methodologies you will additionally have an understanding of the UK FCA regulations and the key risk areas in a banking environment including credit, capital, liquidity, regulatory and conduct. Some product exposure is desirable. With the ability to work under your own initiative and as part of a team you will have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Financial Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job