Audit Manager - Top10 Accounting Firm
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top10 Accounting Firm who are looking to strengthen their Auditing function and recruit a Qualified ACA/ACCA Audit Manager for their Central Birmingham office. Reporting to one of the Audit Directors and managing a junior audit team, you will be responsible for:
• Managing the Audit process of major clients in manufacturing, technology, professional services, property, construction, charities & education with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
• Addressing and discussing with clients any technical audit issues identified during the course of audits
• Ensuring all Audit engagements are in compliance with auditing standards and internal procedures
• Responsible for reviewing audit assignments prior to being passed on to Partners.
• Preparing the audit pack, including review of the planning memorandum, working paper file, financial statements and audit conclusions
• Ensuring partners review and sign off planning papers, to ensure fieldwork of the audit can start within a timely manner
• Managing the audit process including budgets and timescales, as well as completing required forms
• Providing commentary on accounts, summarising outstanding points to managers, analytical review, passing file to senior team members for review
• Ensuring each clients’ company accounts are filed within the statutory timelines
• Preparing your own work schedules and planning the daily work plan from job objectives
• Day-to-day staff planning, ensuring the right level of technically qualified staff are booked onto each audit assignment for the appropriate amount of time
• Setting and agreeing the level of decision making with members of the team
• Arranging debriefing sessions after each assignment and providing feedback on performance and budget with an explanation of any variance
To be considered for the Audit Manager role you should be a qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant with previous Audit experience of medium and large-sized corporate businesses, and ideally from a Top 50 or a well-established regional Accountancy firm. You will have hands-on staff management experience, have worked on multiple audit clients (inc listed organisations), and built strong relationships with clients and internal management teams. Experience using Microsoft packages, internet/email and computerised audit packages would be highly desirable.
On offer is a salary to £55,000 depending on qualification and experience with benefits to include company pension, healthcare, company bonus and 25 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) Office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other Audit Manager opportunities in Finance & Accounting, HR Services or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands, please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
- External Audit
- Financial Audits
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job