Our client is seeking an Audit Manager within the Audit & Assurance team. (ideally based in Newbury or Oxford but would consider Reading) This is a key role, requiring a passion for audit and so we are looking for an accomplished audit professional with previous experience operating at a manager level who shares in this enthusiasm. You would make a significant contribution towards the overall future development and success of this service line as well as the firm as a whole.
You would oversee the effective management of a substantial portfolio of clients; planning assignments, briefing staff on the clients' business, ensuring all work carried out is compliant with auditing standards and that client and statutory deadlines are routinely met and exceeded. You would also oversee advisory engagements as part of your developing role. Business development experience would be an advantage as the role would provide the opportunity to identify new business, research and prepare proposals, as well as take part in formal presentations to prospective clients.
Overall job purpose
To profitably manage a substantial portfolio of clients in the office, ensuring both excellent client service and making a significant contribution towards the overall future development and success of the service line and the firm.
- To manage assignments in accordance with the firm's standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- To ensure audit quality at all times. Assist with internal and external quality assurance, ensuring any actions are completed in line with the firms and professional standards.
- To brief staff on the client's business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake 'on the job' training and appraisals where necessary.
- To ensure that the job is completed within budget, and to discuss all materials points arising with the assignment partner and client immediately, particularly in relation to any anticipated overruns.
- To liaise with the client throughout the year and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- To develop a detailed knowledge of the firm's specialist services and to undertake special work in response to client needs where appropriate.
- To perform the firm's review and completion procedures, to attend the final meeting with the client, and to ensure that the client subsequently receives the final accounts and commercial management letter on a timely basis.
- To oversee adhoc advisory projects;
- To ensure the profitable recoverability of work in progress, and to bill clients on a timely basis.
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the Institute's CPD requirements.
- To research and prepare proposals for new work, and to take part in formal presentations to prospective clients.
- To act as a line manager to students and/or seniors;
- To take an active involvement in prospective client seminars, and to effectively follow up contact made.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the role as reasonably requested by the line manager, Partner or Head of Service Line.
Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
- Candidates must be ACA or ACCA qualified.
- Previous experience operating at manager level in a similar role;
- Proven experience in managing a portfolio of clients and developing strong client relationships;
- Proven wide audit experience in producing high quality audits;
- Audit experience within the SME sector would be advantageous;
- Charity experience is also desirable but not essential;
- Business development experience and interest would be a distinct advantage
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'