Audit Manager - Farnborough
We are recruiting a qualified technical Audit Manager to work within our client’s Farnborough office, to assist the partners and associate partners in delivery of statutory audit and accounts preparation services, and to manage and allocate work to audit trainees. The split with be audit 80% and accounts 20%.
Our client is a Top 15 firm of chartered accountants who specialise in advising and supporting business owners. They support over 35,000 companies and business owners around the UK, which gives their clients access to a huge amount of business expertise and knowledge. Their fresh thinking and practical business approach underpin their values.
This role will be working in a very well-established office, supporting dynamic Partners and responsibilities will include the day to day running of a large client portfolio.
Clients will include rapidly expanding manufacturing companies, leasing entities, financial sector entities, hospitality, subsidiaries of international companies and large groups.
You will, with other managers, mentor and manage a team of highly committed, hardworking staff at various stages of their career and ensure that they are efficient and engaged.
There will be the opportunity to assist in networking events and new business tenders as well as the opportunity to take part in the firms highly successful Leadership Development Programme to continue future career growth.
An Audit Manager should have the drive to achieve results in a friendly manner whilst maintaining quality and high service standards to all clients. Managers need excellent technical knowledge and the ability to absorb and impart technical information to others.
The role requires strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to motivate and lead people, be a role model, a need to enjoy challenging situations and a systematic and detailed approach to problems. Our client’s Audit Managers will be committed to being part of the wider firm, be ambitious and enjoy the challenge that comes with change.
You will be a key part of the Audit/Accounts team and will be responsible for the smooth running of any professional work associated with a portfolio of clients that will include audit and other clients. You will also be responsible for the line management and development of junior members of the team. You will be required to identify new service opportunities to sell to existing clients and to seek new business opportunities from potential clients to bring new business to the firm.
You will be a qualified Chartered Accountant (or equivalent) or be able to demonstrate experience of working at that level. You will (where relevant) have at least 3-5 years’ experience of managing large audits and audit teams
The key duties of this role include:-
- Controlling any work required on a range of audit and non-audit accounts jobs meeting all internal, client based and legislative deadlines on an annual basis.
- Ensuring that the firm’s standard processes are used in the production of audit and accounts work in all aspects and for ensuring that technical standards are maintained with the ability to answer technical questions proficiently and confidently.
- Line management of the audit and accounts department and any associated personnel. You will plan and review work to be undertaken on client matters by staff members and you will be responsible for its review and progress through the practice.
- Ensuring that the staff planner is utilised and maintained and that client handling directors are kept fully informed on the monthly progress of the areas within your work stream.
- Coordination and organisation of a monthly Audit and Accounts committee meeting ensuring attendance by the client handling directors.
- You will be expected to be able to write professional letters, reports and other written submissions for review by directors for use with clients and other relevant third parties.
- You will be expected to achieve a chargeable time percentage of % per annum.
- To professionally represent the firm and its interests in dealings with clients and other professionals at all times.
- Regular attendance at company led training and seminars to further develop and maintain any technical and personal development skills.
- You will be expected to recruit, supervise, develop and assist more junior members of personnel and give constructive feedback on their performance.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that your team has a training plan and that you ensure they access training and development opportunities relevant to them.
- You will be expected to contact clients in connection with non-technical issues such as the collection of debtors and be involved on an ongoing basis in administrative activities such as billing.
- You will be expected to seek opportunities to increase client billings and to seek new clients for the practice where possible.
- You will be expected to have and maintain an excellent working knowledge of the systems that you will be required to use to undertake your role.
- You will keep up-to-date with internal policies, procedures and announcements and ensure anyone reporting to you does the same.
- ACA/ACCA qualified with 3 years minimum experience of leading audits and managing audit teams.
- Broad range of experience across OMB's and various sectors.
- Ideally, a knowledge and experience of IFRS and FRS102.
- Is comfortable interacting with employees, clients, potential clients and connectors on all levels with the ability to change your communication style to suit any occasion.
- Ability to 'juggle’ a number of jobs - demonstrating excellent time management skills to ensure all deadlines and expectations are met.
- Proactive, enthusiastic and energetic.
If you are keen to secure a progressive and varied Audit Manager role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm with future progression to partnership, please apply today to find out more.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job