Audit Manager Charity Team
Are you an Audit Manager with experience or an enthusiasm for Charities or Not-for-Profit clients?
I'm working with one of the leading accountancy practices in the UK within the Charity sector. Due to strong growth over the last 12 months, the firm are looking to take on an Audit Manager to work in their Charity team.
While the team is very ambitious, this does not come at the expense of the working environment. Although it can sometimes vary during busy seasons, generally working hours of 9:15 am-5:15 pm are the norm.
The role will allow you to get exposure to a wide range of areas including team projects, training, marketing, and resource planning.
- To manage a portfolio of not-for-profit/charity clients
- To organise and run every assignment effectively and efficiently, in accordance with Statements of Auditing Standards (SASs) and to the firm's standards and to ensure effective completion before partner review.
- Budget for the cost
- Provide technical guidance to staff and resolve technical queries
- Review statutory (and other) accounts and organise their preparation, typing and issue.
- Liaise with the Tax and VAT departments on the tax position of the client and assist them in providing our high standard of tax service
- Manage a team of junior members of staff, monitoring the work and progress being made and to help to resolve any problems and difficulties being encountered
- Performance review meetings of junior members staff, including the review of their professional training records, where applicable
- Conduct regular Support & Supervision sessions with junior members of the team, to include a regular review of their performance and progress
- Perform non-audit and special work as and when required and as and when time is available
- To keep up to date with auditing and accounting standards and developments within the profession
- ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualified
- Experience managing a portfolio of clients
- At least 50% audit
- Experience working in a UK accountancy practice
- Experience working with charity clients/knowledge of SORP
- Experience at Audit Manager or Assistant Manager level
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.