Audit Manager / Audit Assistant Manager
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a highly renowned Accountancy Practice in Central London who are looking to strengthen their senior team and recruit an Audit Manager. The firm has an enviable reputation across the City and Home Counties, and for their Central London office you will be providing a range of Audit services to listed PLC's, OMBs and major private companies. Reporting to the Audit Director and managing a team of Auditor Seniors, you will be responsible for:
- Managing audit assignments including group audits for clients up to £250m turnover
- Reviewing audit planning including agreeing budgets, timetables and any over-runs with clients.
- Allocating work, briefing and controlling the Audit team, and ensuring compliance with timetables.
- Responsible for the financial aspect of managing a portfolio, including raising fees and control of recoveries.
- Planning and running client Audit finalisation meetings
- Involvement in ad-hoc assignments with the Accounts & Tax teams
- Assisting Partners with managing client portfolios, and ensuring all Audit engagements are in compliance with audit standards and internal procedures
- Performing spot checks on files prior to being passed to Partners for review
- Planning audits that are larger, more complex or high profile
- Preparing and reviewing working papers, along with drafts of financial statements
- Addressing & discussing with clients any technical audit issues identified during the course of audits
- Identifying areas requiring improvement in client financial processes and providing recommendations
To be considered for the Audit Manager role you should ideally be a degree-educated and a fully qualified ACA/ACCA Audit Manager from another Top- to Mid-tier Accountancy Firm with strong portfolio management skills and staff supervisory skills. You should have excellent report and letter writing skills, and have managed key client portfolios consisting of both large corporate & OMB companies.
On offer is a salary up to £65,000 with benefits to include company pension, healthcare, and 25 days holidays. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin @mcginnisloy.com
For other Audit Manager opportunities in Finance / Accounting or HR Services within London, Thames Valley & the Midlands region, please visit our website at http://www.mcginnisloy.com McGinnis Loy Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act
- External Audit
- Staff Management