Wilmington PLC are looking for a Audit Consultant
Audit Technical Consultant / File Reviewer
Location: Home Travel with UK Travel
Salary: Excellent DOE
Term: Full Time, Permanent
Why do we want you?
We want you because you are a ACA/ACCA qualified audit senior staff member wanting to use your skills and knowledge in a more varied role.
Do you enjoy understanding and explaining the detailed technical requirements of ISAs and accounting standards (UK GAAP and/or IFRS)?
A bit about us.
Wilmington plc is a company with a difference. Over the years we’ve grown by acquisition and as such we have many unique businesses in our portfolio. Mercia Group is one of them!
Mercia Group is one of the leading providers of training and support services to the UK accountancy profession, working with over 8000 firms nationwide.
Main Purpose of Role
We are looking for an individual to provide high quality, technically accurate and practical review services to firms of all sizes. This will be mainly at client’s premises, with reviews also taking place via post or online tools.
The role will involve:
- Visiting firms throughout the UK from national practices to sole practitioners to provide hot and cold file reviews
- Conducting file reviews remotely from one of our offices or home and providing debrief of findings by phone
- Audit consultancy and compliance services to firms who outsource their quality control
The role will be home based, unless there is a preference to work at one of the group’s offices when not at clients. However there is expected to be a considerable amount of UK travel.
There is also the opportunity to get involved in other areas of Mercia’s products and services (such as training and lecturing). So if you are interested in a varied role, please come and talk to us.
Essential Skills and Experience Required
- ACA / ACCA Qualified Accountants or those who have other relevant experience
- Good experience of UK Accounting and Auditing Standards
- Ability to apply technical issues to a range of practical situations
- Ideally familiarity with non-audit regulations that impact on accountancy practices.
- A love for the detailed technical aspects of auditing, financial reporting and other practice regulations and a desire to help others understand how to implement the rules efficiently and effectively.
- A natural curiosity which will mean you develop your technical knowledge ensuring that you are always up to date
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
Skills that are desirable:
- Technical and practical knowledge of non-audit regulations that impact on firms in practice. For example, DPB, Practice Assurance, Probate, AML and Clients’ Money.
"We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity"
- Audit Consultant
- File Reviewer
- Audit Technical Consultant
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'