What impact will you make? The Opportunity
Propel is an exciting and innovative new service within Deloitte UK, which offers an end-to-end accounting solution for ambitious SME’s and start-up businesses who thrive on being tech savvy with their finger on the pulse. With the accuracy and quick turnaround of our delivery team and experts, our clients will have real time financial data and key analytics on their business accessible anywhere anytime through the Propel dashboard.
We have an opportunity for a Finance Manager to join our growing team in Cardiff. You will play a key role in the ongoing success of Propel, ensuring that our team in Cardiff delivers in accordance with what our clients require. Supported by a team of Accounts Assistants, you will be an important client conduct and will review work done by more junior members of the team.
The role is based in Cardiff.
This is a full time, permanent position.
You will have responsibility for:
- Managing a portfolio of clients while being supported by a team of Accounts Assistants
- Key client point of contact for all their day to day needs and monthly reporting
- Supporting Finance Assistants with day to day training and development
- Reviewing work done by junior members of the team
- Production of statutory accounts
- Production and review of VAT returns
- Manage diverse teams with an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
To be considered for the role you must have:
- An accountancy qualification (ACA, CA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent
- An enjoyment of working for different clients whilst understanding their individual needs.
- Previous experience of working with cloud based systems
- Experience in accounts preparation and producing tax computations
- Experience of leading a team whilst being responsible for their own tasks
- Superb attention to detail and quality review
- Good communication skills
- Confidence with clients
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good time management skills
- A good understanding of day to day bookkeeping through to stat accounts
- A keen interest in technology and innovative ways to deliver information to clients in a timely manner
You are here: Audit and Assurance
We understand our clients' operations, their industry and the issues they face. We understand an audit is not about looking back, but about helping those businesses to plan for a successful future. Together with our team you will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and on-going investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer.
Our Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas in which to develop your career. These comprise business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector and Financial Services Audit groups, and advisory specialisms including Treasury Advisory, Risk Analytics and Technology Consulting.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
This role will play a key role in the ongoing expansion and success of Propel.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 144353
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job