MacKenzie King are delighted to be recruiting an Assistant Financial Accountant for a well-established business that are based in the outskirts of Colchester to join their friendly finance team. In this role you will be responsible for assisting in the management of the annual reporting process and help cover the timely reporting of customers external statutory reporting requirements.
This role would be ideal for a technically proficient Accountant / Assistant Accountant from a firm of accountants looking for their first role within a commercial business. In this role you will work closely with the Manager to ensure effective development of the period end and year end reporting processes, balance sheet control and a high level of service demonstrated through timely and accurate reporting and delivery of all financial processes.
This position does offer study support and there is plenty of opportunity for progression within the company.
- Assisting in the preparation of annual statutory accounts across the client base under both UK and International accounting standards, including close regular liaison with external group auditors throughout the process up to finalisation
- Working closely with the Audit and Assurance Manager to be the first point of contact with the auditors and ensuring a timely and effective response rate for all audit and statutory reporting queries
- Managing the distribution, collation and delivery of audit requests for all year end, half year and interim audits
- Pro-actively engaging with fellow colleagues and wider key business stakeholders to assist in meeting auditor request deadlines
- Effective review, control and management of Balance Sheet accounts including communicating with General Ledger account owners for flux analysis explanations and identification of material risks/opportunities
- Preparation of dormant accounts for UK companies ensuring compliance with appropriate Accounting Standards and disclosure requirements
- Pro-actively assessing IFRS standard changes and assisting in the preparation of internal documents for roll out
- Liaise with the Internal Audit team and Compliance Accountant on any relevant Internal Audits
- Deliver any departmental task required within the wider Accounting Services department
- Demonstrable ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to consistently meet strict deadlines and to produce high quality information
- Able to manage multiple deadlines, projects and workloads
- Commercially motivated and able to challenge & probe current data and processes
- A strong team player with interpersonal sensitivity
- Studying towards an accountancy qualification with relevant experience
- Experience preparing statutory accounts would be highly beneficial
- Involvement on external statutory audit and other assurance assignments would be highly beneficial
- Up to date technical knowledge
- Intermediate/advanced IT and systems skills e.g. Excel
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an established Company that is continuing to grow and offers future progression and development. If this is something of interest or you would like to find out more information please do apply ASAP.
- Internal Audit
- Statutory Accounts
- Statutory Audit
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'