Mazars are proud to offer a working environment where everyone is given opportunities to shine. The firm promotes an environment in which you can be yourself, grow and achieve your goals. Our people are at the heart of everything we do, diversity and inclusion are central to our values.
We offer a salary that is competitive in the markets we operate in and you will have access to a wide range of benefits to support your lifestyle.
To deliver professional services of the highest standard, through the supervision and organisation of staff and the performance of audit services to all clients across a range of industry sectors including entrepreneurial, institutional and large complex organisations. Turnover typically is in the range £5m - £50m but will include some larger entities. Work should be performed with limited supervision.
The role will include both having a portfolio of own clients, reporting directly to the Director/Partner and also assistant the managers with their more complex assignments.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Full responsibility for all aspects of planning including budgeting resourcing, coordinating manager (where not own client) and partner, +Vantage, (Mazars audit software), client meetings and visits.
• Perform an assessment of the systems and controls and identify risks as a result of this review.
• Perform preliminary analytical review and highlight risk areas for further audit investigation. Consider expected trends and ensure analytical review addresses this. Communicate expected trends and relevant ratios that should be included in this review to the audit team.
• In light of the above produce a costed work programme for the assignment tailored to the risks associated with the client.
• Draft the budget and assign audit areas to team members (where applicable) so as to manage the audit risks and develop the team members.
• Produce the Audit Strategy Memorandum (ASM) to detail the above strategy to the client. Be involved in the delivery of the ASM to the client.
• Where applicable, prepare or supervise the preparation of the draft statutory financial statements based on the information provided by the client.
• Organise, prepare agenda’s for and, where appropriate, chair team meetings and communicate the strategy to the other members of the team. This is to include all team members not just audit.
• Ensure team member’s objectives have been set.
• Ensure all Manager (if appropriate) and Partner review points noted and cleared.
• ACA or ACCA qualified (or equivalent)
• Experience of delivering audits from planning to completion in a supervisory capacity
• Demonstrates and applies advanced technical, commercial and industry knowledge to the role, identifying issues and solutions. This will include familiarity with IFRS and UK GAAP.
• Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge and demonstrates commitment to self-development
• Pro-actively identifies client need and keeps them informed of project status as appropriate
• Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels
• Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control
• Acts as a role model for the team and values others expertise
• Provides assistance, shares experiences, provides meaningful feedback and proactively supports the development of others
• Holds a valid full UK driving licence and has access to a car, as regular travel to client sites is required, including overnight stays
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'