To deliver professional services of the highest standard, through the supervision and organisation of staff and the performance of audit services to all clients across a range of industry sectors including entrepreneurial, institutional and large complex organisations. Turnover typically is in the range £5m - £50m but will include some larger entities. Work should be performed with limited supervision. The role will include both having a portfolio of own clients, reporting directly to the Director/Partner and also assistant the managers with their more complex assignments.
Job R Planning
• Full responsibility for all aspects of planning including budgeting resourcing, coordinating manager (where not own client) and partner, +Vantage, (Mazars audit software), client meetings and visits.
• Perform an assessment of the systems and controls and identify risks as a result of this review.
• Perform preliminary analytical review and highlight risk areas for further audit investigation. Consider expected trends and ensure analytical review addresses this. Communicate expected trends and relevant ratios that should be included in this review to the audit team.
• In light of the above produce a costed work programme for the assignment tailored to the risks associated with the client.
• Draft the budget and assign audit areas to team members (where applicable) so as to manage the audit risks and develop the team members.
• Produce the Audit Strategy Memorandum (ASM) to detail the above strategy to the client. Be involved in the delivery of the ASM to the client.
• Where applicable, prepare or supervise the preparation of the draft statutory financial statements based on the information provided by the client.
• Organise, prepare agenda’s for and, where appropriate, chair team meetings and communicate the strategy to the other members of the team. This is to include all team members not just audit.
• Ensure team member’s objectives have been set.
• Ensure all Manager (if appropriate) and Partner review points noted and cleared.
Controlling the Assignment
• Where appropriate, allocates work to team members based on skill and knowledge of team members, ensuring meet development objectives: in particular assigning more responsibility to more junior staff.
• Completes the complex areas of the assignment.
• Provides on the job training to assistants.
• Reviews the work of assistants and provides informal feedback throughout the fieldwork stage. Encourages other seniors to provide feedback to assistants.
• Ensures work of assistants has been completed and reviewed and any issues highlighted and resolved before manager review (to allow manager to concentrate on key risk areas).
• Act as a point of contact for both manager and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the audit.
• Review actual to budgeted time and inform manager of any issues immediately.
• Build strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
• Communicate with other departments (e.g. tax, outsourcing etc.) and pass on all relevant information.
• Be aware of developments concerning client’s affairs and any opportunities to provide additional services.
• Ensure completion of Financial Statements, including completion of disclosure checklist and closedown of audit files.
• Ensure standards and procedures maintained by whole team and complete audit file presented with review points cleared.
• Draft audit opinion summary for the Manager (if appropriate) and Partner and draft management letter and any other reporting documents, including group reporting and audit committee papers, where required.
• Provide constructive feedback for the completion of staff appraisals for assistants and seniors and 360 degree feedback on managers and partners.
• Keep technically up to date.
• Ensure awareness of firm’s specialist services and publications.
• To maintain time records and appraisal records.
• Complete assignment reviews within two weeks of the end of engagement and ensure partner sign off (for both own and other members of the team).
Our diverse client base covers not only Education, Charities and other NFP organisations but corporate clients as well.
• ACA or ACCA qualified (or equivalent)
• Experience of delivering audits from planning to completion in a supervisory capacity
• Demonstrates and applies advanced technical, commercial and industry knowledge to the role, identifying issues and solutions. This will include familiarity with IFRS and UK GAAP.
• Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge
• Pro-actively identifies client need and keeps them informed of project status as appropriate
• Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels
• Develops a network of contacts: professional, clients and potential clients
• Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control
• Acts as a role model for the team and values others expertise
• Provides assistance, shares experiences, provides meaningful feedback and proactively supports the development of others
• Involved in delivering feedback to the wider team, including presenting group training sessions
• Demonstrates commitment to self-development
• Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness.
• Holds a valid full UK driving licence and has access to a car, as regular travel to client sites is required, including overnight stays
Please CLICK HERE to download our job description
Please CLICK HERE to download the benefits.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
We are an international, integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal, and advisory services. The Group has a presence in 77 countries and draws on the expertise of 17,000 professionals.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement – not pressure and competition. <br
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"