Well known accountancy practice are looking for an Audit Assistant Manager to Private Equity Group (PEG)
The PEG team work with a variety of market leading clients ranging from the largest buy-out private equity houses to niche funds with specific industry, asset or geographical focus. Many of the businesses are household names.
As an Assistant Manager, you'll be involved in all aspects of delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of PEG clients. You will also be given the opportunity to work on non audit roles, within deals/
- Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and both statutory and non-statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients
- Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex accounting and audit issues
- Building relationships with client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential
- You may also have the opportunity to work on audit tenders or audit related advisory projects
- Monitors and upholds the highest quality of service and products to clients (internal and external)
- Demonstrates strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, prioritisation, organisation and evaluative skills
- Shows initiative, resilience and is able to multitask in a pressurised environment
- Has the ambition to undertake new challenges and step up into supervisory roles, taking leadership where necessary - Communicates confidently and professionally with senior levels of management and off shore teams
- Has a desire to work in a diverse environment and gain exposure to an international working environment - Works with a collaborative attitude with an enthusiasm for coaching and developing others
Qualifications and Skills
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or international equivalent is essential.
- Well-developed leadership and supervisory skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different seniority levels
- Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Some experience auditing PEG clients is preferable
- Recent, practical knowledge of IFRS is preferable
This is an excellent opportunity to work on a number of non audit, deal specific roles, within the Private Equity environment.
Rewards attached to this position are £45,000 to £50,000 a year plus excellent benefits - if this position interests you, please apply today.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job