Our established and highly professional financial services client is seeking an Audit and Risk Manager to join their team.
The primary role of the Audit and Risk Manager is to assist the Group Board and Executive Management to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the Group. This is done by supporting the implementation of a robust Enterprise Risk Management framework across the Group and performing an independent audit of the activities performed within the Group’s operating entities to determine whether all significant risks are identified and appropriately reported; assessing whether they are adequately controlled; and by challenging Management to improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls.
- Ensure a robust Risk Management framework is implemented and maintained by STM Group and across all its subsidiaries.
- Assist to develop and maintain Group policies and ensure these are rolled out to all Group subsidiaries for local implementation.
- Assist with the collation, analysis and reporting of risk information from across the Group subsidiaries and up to the Group Audit & Risk Committee to identify key risks and trends, anticipate new risks which may emerge and ensure mitigating actions are in place.
- Set the scope of internal audit work in adherence to audit methodology and procedures, using a risk-based decision as to which areas should be included in the audit plan and frequency, subject to approval by the Group Audit & Risk Committee.
- Assess the processes followed by group operating entities’ first and second lines of defence, their adequacy and effectiveness and the quality of their work.
- Assess the design and operating effectiveness of the internal governance structures and processes.
- Assess the information presented to the Board and Executive Management for strategic and operational decision making.
- Assess the risk and control culture of the Group: whether the processes, actions, 'tone from the top’ and observed behaviours across the Group are in line with the espoused values, ethics, risk appetite and policies of the Group.
- Assess risks of poor customer treatment, giving rise to conduct or reputational risk: whether the design and control of products, services and supporting processes are in line with customer interests and conduct regulation.
- Assess the management of financial risks, including capital and liquidity modelling and management.
- Assess the suitability of processes followed for key corporate events: to include significant business process changes, introduction of new products and services, outsourcing decisions and acquisitions/divestments.
- Assess the design and operating effectiveness of the Group entities’ policies, controls and processes and their adherence to all relevant laws and regulations.
- Report to the appropriate governing bodies, including the Group Board Audit & Risk Committee.
- Maintain an open, constructive and co-operative relationship with regulators.
Personal Skills:? ? ?
- ?Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Persuasion and Collaboration
- ?Critical thinking, the ability to think objectively and demonstrate sound judgement
- The ability to work with independence as well as part of a team
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail
- Resilience under pressure
- The intellectual ability required to constantly absorb new information
- Flexible thinking and ability to adapt to change
- Strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity
Technical Expertise: ? ?
- ?Corporate Governance
- Business Acumen
- Financial audit and accounting
- Risk management
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Internal auditing, quality assurance and compliance
Desirable: Higher Education preferably Degree Level e.g. (CIA) (ACCA) (CGAP) (AIA) (ICAEW) (ICAS) or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 year qualification post qualification experience ideally in the following:
- Internal Audit Practitioner - 24 months of internal audit in a financial services environment or equivalent experience (i.e. experience in audit or assessment disciplines, including internal auditing, external auditing, quality assurance, compliance, and internal control).
- Experience of public practice accounting for example; Tax, Compliance, Business Growth and Consulting.
- 24 months of audit controls, related business experience such as risk management.
This is a rare opportunity to join a superb company. Some overseas travel may be required.
First Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Business for this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job