We are recruiting for a busy Local Government Organisation based in Worcestershire who are looking for an Audit & Compliance Manager to join their well-established team.
The purpose of the role will be to deliver and monitor the annual compliance audit plan, considering the risk exposure of service activities and resource availability. Special investigations will need to be managed as required, covering allegations of fraud and service irregularities. You will need to manage the Audit and Compliance team whilst supporting the Chief Internal Auditor in delivering the audit service.
- To be responsible for developing and delivering an annual compliance audit plan
- To oversee the production of audit reports within the outline timetable
- To manage special investigations ensuring that allegations are thoroughly investigated and responded to
- To effectively manage the audit and compliance team, ensuring all tasks are allocated
- To assist the Chief Internal Auditor to establish a quality risk and assurance programme for the operations of the audit and compliance team
- CCAB or CMIIA qualified, or part qualified with at least 3 years' experience of audit
- Significant experience of managing and developing individuals with success in delivering team outcomes
- Expert knowledge in all legislative requirements, government guidance and best practice in assurance and audit
- Knowledge of the UK Public Sector Internal Audit Standards
Duration: 3 months
Salary: £27ph umbrella - negotiable dependant on experience
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to Natalie Cox or Hannah Fritz-Lewis on the Midlands Local Gov Team at or call
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren't currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'