Audit and Assurance Senior
A large ambitious, leading independent accountancy firm who have numerous offices across the North of England and Scotland are looking for a motivated Audit and Assurance Seniorto join their growing team in Carlisle. Reporting to the Audit & Assurance Manager.
The firm place people and culture at the heart of what they do. They recognise the unique impact their employees have on not only their clients, but also colleagues and the communities in which they operate.
The firms specialist teams aim is to enhance their clients' audit experience through gaining a detailed knowledge and understanding of their business. They don't see audit as a compliance exercise required by law; they go beyond this, exploring opportunities to benefit the business. Utilising their expertise in conjunction with their business knowledge enables them to offer relevant feedback or ideas, identify potential weaknesses or risks, and advise on remedial action. An opportunity has arisen for a qualified Audit & Assurance Senior to join the team in Carlisle, which works with a wide range of predominately owner managed businesses, both locally and nationally. They’re looking for someone with either a ACA or ACCA qualification with recent practice and supervisory experience.
- To prepare statutory accounts for limited company clients together with files for manager/partner review.
- To plan, co-ordinate and complete audit assignments and accounts work.
- To liaise with client, both in advance of and during assignment, to obtain all necessary information.
- To ensure that work is completed to meet external deadlines from client and regulatory authorities and internal deadlines notified by Manager.
- To ensure full completion of audit or accounts files for manager review in an appropriate timescale and within budget..
- To prepare other accounts such as pension schemes, charities, and partnership clients together with files for manager/partner review.
- To prepare monthly/quarterly management accounts from client records, including some processing on Sage.
- To provide Company Secretarial services including Annual Returns etc.
- To undertake ad-hoc assignments as allocated by manager/partner e.g. corporate finance assignments, cash flows, business forecasts, system reviews etc.
- To assist Manager in the smooth running of the Department, including the planning and allocation of workload etc. requesting books and records, and other general administrative duties.
- To identify improvements to work practices and work environment and bring to the attention of Manager
Salary and Benefits
In return for your hard work helping the firm shape their future growth and development, they will provide a competitive salary of up to £35,000 (dependant on skills and qualifications). Other benefits include;
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme including Life Cover and Income Protection
- Smart Working (Flexible hours/home working/remote working)
- Health Shield health cash plan
- Introductory commission Scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Employee referral scheme
- Childcare Voucher scheme
- Paid professional membership fees
- Social events
- Enhanced annual leave which increases with service (up to 26 days plus bank holidays)
- Annual leave purchase scheme (up to 5 days per calendar year)
In addition to all the benefits you would expect from an award winning employer, you will be given the utmost encouragement and support to develop your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'