We are looking for a dynamic Part Qualified ACA or ACCA Audit and Accounts Senior to join our client based in Surrey. Our client is a growing firm of Chartered Accountants, Registered Auditors and Chartered Tax Advisers, established in 1993.
The firm provides a full range of services to our 800 or so clients. These include year end and management accounts, audit, business planning, company secretarial, corporate tax, personal tax, outsourcing solutions, specialist tax and corporate finance.
Roles and responsibilities for the Part Qualified ACA or ACCA Audit and Account Senior based in Surrey:
Reporting to the Head of Audit and Compliance and Head of Accounts
- Planning audits, including undertaking risk assessment, preliminary analytical review and preparation of a detailed audit work plan
- Supervising the work of more junior team members, including providing training and assistance as required
- Determining sample sizes for audit tests
- Tailoring audit plans to individual clients
- Undertaking audit testing on a sample basis
- Ensuring audit procedures are followed meticulously
- Completing sections of audit files
- Taking responsibility for audit assignments from start to finish
- Ensuring audit work is completed on a timely basis and within budget
- Undertaking audit work on going concern and subsequent events
- Completing accounts disclosure checklists
- Ensuring all issues are brought to the attention of the Manager or Responsible Individual
- Preparing statutory financial statements and supporting electronic working paper files, including supporting reconciliations and analysis
- Drafting corporation and business tax computations
- Providing coaching and support to more junior team members
- Assisting the Head of Accounts or Accounts Manager with updating accounts files, processing more complex adjustments, resolving manager, partner and tax review points
- Contacting clients to request additional information and resolve queries
- Completing assignments as required within budget, providing explanations for variances
- Managing jobs from start to completion, which depending on the job may include sending draft accounts to clients, liaising with Tax Managers to follow up/assist with tax reviews and preparing final accounts for signature
- Provide training or assistance to clients as required
The ideal candidate for the Part Qualified ACA or ACCA Audit and Account Senior based in Surrey will have:
- ACA/ACCA Part Qualified with a minimum of 2 years' experience in an accountancy practice
- A good level of Audit experience, and be confident working independently and supervising junior staff.
- Experience of preparing the planning and completion sections with little or no assistance.
- Good experience of preparing statutory year end accounts (ideally with experience of FRS102 and FRS105), using an accounting software package, along with preparing supporting working papers in a paper-based or electronic format.
- Ability to work confidently and independently in a time-pressured environment. As the role will report to two teams, you will need to be able to manage your workload effectively.
- Being proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook is essential.
What's on offer for the Part Qualified ACA or ACCA Audit and Account Senior based in Surrey:
- £38,000 - £45,000 per annum
- Studying package towards the ACA/ACCA with BPP
- 20 days holiday (increasing 1 day per year up to 25 days)
If you are interested in applying for this Part Qualified ACA or ACCA Audit and Account Senior based in Surrey, please contact Anthony Hearn.
Do you know a Part Qualified ACA or ACCA Audit and Account Senior based in Surrey who may be suitable for this role? We offer £250 retail voucher for any referred candidate that we successfully place.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job