- The audit of clients’ accounts from books and records. This will include audits at clients’ premises as well offices in St. Albans and London.
- Preparation of clients’ accounts
- Preparation of tax computations for both income tax and corporation tax based upon accounts prepared.
- Extract information at the time of preparing the accounts recording information that will be required by the Tax Department for the preparation of P11Ds.
- Reporting either directly to the manager or client of improvements which could be made
- Reconciliation of VAT and PAYE accounts
- Some occasional preparation of cash flows, forecasts and business plans etc for clients and to aid third party presentations.
- Ad-hoc arrangements, either in house or at client’s premises covering any of the above areas or general accounting, due diligence, investigation and taxation matters.
- Assisting the Audit Manager in the planning and review of audit assignments and with due diligence assignments as and when required.
- Supervising the audit process on site, supervising and training junior members of staff.
- Monitor and manage the progress of the audit assignment against the original plan.
The role will most likely be biased 60:40 towards audit.
- ACA/ ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong IT and Accountancy systems skills, working knowledge and experience of using CCH would be an advantage, however not essential
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job