Reed Finance have partnered exclusively with accountancy firm looking to recruit an ambitious and focused Audit and Accounts Senior to join their dynamic team. Based in Romford you will play an important role within a firm that has a great staff retention with employees that have worked for the firm for up to 25 years- this firm is always recognising talent and hard work and rewarding their employees for their dedication.
Offering a competitive salary of £30,000 to £40,000 this firm is seeking and ambitious individual who is ACA or ACCA qualified accountant, with strong audit exposure. Reporting in to a range of Partners that are not only very professional but approachable and friendly too!
Duties will include:
- The Audit Senior will carry out audit (around 60%) and accounts (around 40%) assignments as allocated by the Audit Manager. The Senior will be expected to be involved in all aspects of the assignments from planning to preparing a high quality completed file for manager or partner review.
- Planning the Assignment, including the preparation/updating of the permanent file and briefing the team.
- Preparing the audit assignment papers.
- Completing the audit programmes. Where applicable, contacting the client to arrange the timing of the assignments and attendance at stocktakes etc.
- Controlling the assignments and ensuring that each section of the assignment is completed within the agreed budget.
- Managing the team whilst out on site to ensure team produces high quality work, are motivated to achieve high standards and that end of job appraisals are carried out for the team.
- You will be a qualified ACA/ACCA with good technical competence including solid audit experience (min 60% of current role)on a mix of clients (construction, charities FSA etc).
- Experience within a Mid Tier Practice essential (min 5 Partner Firm)
- Applicants must be a car owner – owing to the location of our client base
- Highly IT literate including Sage and Caseware experience is essential.
- First class communication skills and the ability to supervise and manage a team essential
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays + 3 additional days holiday over Christmas.
- Onsite parking
- CPD courses – 8 per year
This is a fantastic local opportunity to join a developing and progressive accountancy firm. You will be a fully qualified practice professional with excellent organisational and a can do attitude. For
more information please contact Mercedes Horton at REED Finance on 01245 245505 or Mercedes.firstname.lastname@example.org
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job