Audit and Accounts Senior - £28,000 - £35,000
Barber McLelland are supporting a progressive and highly established Independent Firm of Chartered Accountants are looking to recruit a qualified or finalist ACA or ACCA to join the firms Corporate Services Division as Audit and Accounts Senior within their Lincoln office.
The business are looking for a practice accountant who is seeking an opportunity to continue their career within a supportive environment and who is looking for future progression.
The firm have a wide range of clients from smaller growing owner managed businesses through to large corporate entities across the Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire region.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supporting with Business Service Manager, the role of Audit and Accounts Senior will work across a portfolio of clients with a 50:50 split of auditing and general accounting duties, responsibilities include:
- Management of own portfolio of clients, dealing with year end and business advisory issues
- Managing and leading of audit assignments from planning stage through to completion
- Statutory accounts preparation for a wide range of clients from smaller OMB's to Larger limited companies
- To act as an advisor to owner managed businesses on a range of accounts and business issues
- Preparation of business/corporate taxation computations and returns, along with dealing with routine associated tax queries
- Assist in the delivery of technical aspects of servicing client base
Skills and Qualities
The successful candidate will be either qualified ACA or ACCA or a finalist with a minimum of four years experience working within the accountancy profession. As the role has a 50:50 split between audit and accounting, it is essential that recent experience has been gained within a general accounting/multi-disciplined role with good exposure to accounts preparation and audit.
The business encourage individuals to work closely with their clients, it is therefore essential that applicants have developed excellent communication skills with a good level of commercial acumen.
- Excellent basic salary plus discretionary bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Contributory pension scheme
- Healthplan cashback scheme
- PHI scheme
- Death in Service benefit
- Car parking available
Barber McLelland are a dedicated and niche recruitment consultancy service for the Accountancy Profession. Our area of expertise covers recruitment from part qualified accountants through to Partners and Directors within Big 4, National Accountancy Firms, through to Independent Accountants and Specialist Boutiques across the Yorkshire and East Midlands Region.
For more information about this role or for additional information on how we can assist you in securing your next career move, please contact Justin Barber
- Business Advisory
- Chartered Accountants
- Corporate Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"