Audit and Accounts Senior - £28,000 - £32,000 plus excellent benefits and parking
Our client, a leading firm of Chartered Accountants are recruiting an ambitious Audit and Accounts Senior to join their Sheffield office. The firm operate as one of Yorkshire's leading accountancy firms who boast a highly diverse client portfolio, this includes a number of the regions most recognised businesses.
The firm are looking to appoint qualified ACA or ACCA accountant who is looking to develop their career and become part of a highly successful team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supporting the firms Audit and Accounts Senior Manager and Partners, the role will be responsible for:
- Planning, budgeting and carrying out assignments for both Audit and Non-Audit client work
- Delegating and supervising work of more junior members of the team reviewing work
- Preparation of financial and management accounts
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Preparation and/or review of corporate tax return
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget.
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
Skills and Qualities
The successful candidate will be ACA or ACCA qualified with a minimum of 4 years experience working within a firm of accountants (ideally exposure with groups and large corporate audits, although this is not essential). Strong academics with good GCSE results within English and Mathematics.
The firm encourage autonomy and as this is a client facing role, applicants must have the confidence of dealing with a variety of clients and have the ability to present financial information to non-finance personnel.
Barber McLelland are a dedicated and niche recruitment consultancy service for the Accountancy Profession. Our area of expertise covers recruitment from part qualified accountants through to Partners and Directors within Big 4, National Accountancy Firms, through to Independent Accountants and Specialist Boutiques across the Yorkshire and East Midlands Region.
For more information about this role or for additional information on how we can assist you in securing your next career move, please contact Justin Barber at Barber McLelland
- Chartered Accountants
- Management Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"