Audit and Accounts Lecturer
Wilmington PLC are looking for a Audit and Accounts Lecturer
Audit and Accounts Lecturer
Location: Home Based with UK travel
Salary: Excellent DOE
Term: Full Time, Permanent - (Part Time considered)
Why do we want you?
We want you because you are an ACA / ACCA Qualified Accountant or you have technical training experience and are looking for a move out of practice into something a bit different.
Do you enjoy understanding and explaining the detailed technical requirements of ISAs and accounting standards (UK GAAP and/or IFRS)?
A bit about us.
Wilmington plc is a company with a difference. Over the years we’ve grown by acquisition and as such we have many unique businesses in our portfolio. Mercia Group is one of them!
Mercia Group is one of the leading providers of training and support services to the UK accountancy profession, working with over 8000 firms nationwide.
Main Purpose of Role
We are looking for an individual to provide high quality, technically accurate and practical training to firms of all sizes. This will be via online web meetings, at public venues and also at client’s premises.
The role will involve:
- CPD courses on national face-to-face, online and in-house course programmes
- Keeping up to date with latest technical changes across a wide range of subjects and presenting this in an interesting and engaging style
- Writing and developing technical yet practical course materials for use on face-to-face and online events.
- Influence over course content.
The role will be home based, unless there is a preference to work at one of the group’s offices when not at clients. However there is expected to be a considerable amount of UK travel.
There is also the opportunity to get involved in other areas of Mercia’s products and services (such as writing and file reviewing). So if you are interested in a varied role, please come and talk to us.
Essential Skills and Experience Required
- ACA / ACCA qualified or those who have other relevant experience
- Good experience of UK Accounting and Auditing Standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong technical knowledge with the ability to explain this in a way which is easy for others to understand
- Hands on or management experience within a professional practice or relevant professional body
- Enthusiastic self-starter and team player with a desire to help others
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK
- Ideally familiarity with non-audit regulations that impact on accountancy practices
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
Skills that are desirable:
- Technical and practical knowledge of non-audit regulations that impact on firm’s in practice. For example, DPB, Practice Assurance, Probate, AML and Clients’ Money.
"We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity"
- Audit and Accounts Lecturer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'