Our general practice accountancy firm client, based in the Hertford area, has an excellent reputation for delivering practical financial solutions to a wide range of Corporations, Charities, Academies, and individuals across the UK.
Following significant growth in recent times, our client needs to expand their team so are looking for a fully qualified and experienced Audit & Accounts Senior Accountant to bolster the Audit and Accounts department.
The Audit & Accounts Senior’s responsibilities will include:
- Planning of assignments, including preparing and updating of the permanent file and briefing/supervising the audit team
- Preparing the audit and accounts assignment papers and budgets in line with company procedures
- Ensuring that jobs are completed on time and within budget and reporting to the appropriate manager at once if circumstances arise that may mean the agreed budget will be exceeded
- Completing the audit and accounts programmes and checklists
- Where applicable, contacting clients to arrange the timing of the assignments and attendance at stock-takes etc
- Assisting clients with adjustments to their accounting packages
- Providing ad hoc support for managers/partners
- Preparing audit and accounts confirmation
- Attending stock-takes
- Preparation of corporation tax and income tax computations and liaise with the tax department and deal with any queries raised
- Delegating detailed work to semi-seniors or juniors, review their work, providing on the job training assistance and carry out a task appraisal in order to feedback on performance
- Drafting accounts packages (letters/minutes/certificates)
- Clearing review points and putting through adjustments to the accounts.
- Keeping up-to-date with developments concerning client affairs and identifying opportunities to provide additional services to clients.
- Contributing to the firm’s practice development
Ideal candidates will be ACA/ACCA qualified, have a thorough knowledge of current UK accounting standards and be IT literate in software such as IRIS, Pro-AuditSage Line 50 and MS Office packages. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential to enable you to effectively manage a team of qualified and part-qualified Audit and Accounts Semi Seniors and Audit and Accounts Junior Accountants.
- Accountancy Firm
- External Audit
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'