Our client, an established firm of Chartered Accountants are seeking an Audit and Accounts Senior to join their busy team in their St Albans office.
The role will be split 60% audit and 40% accounts and will involve dealing with the audit and accounting duties for a mixed portfolio of clients, including those in manufacturing, distribution, retail, wholesale, property, FCA regulated entities, professional organisations, recruitment, charities, academies.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:-
- Audit of clients' accounts from books and records, either at the clients' premises or in the office.
- Preparation of clients's accounts.
- Preparation of tax computations for both income and corporation tax.
- Reconciliation of VAT and PAYE accounts.
- Occasional preparation of cash flows, forecasts and business plans etc.
- Assisting the Audit Manager in the planning and review of audit assignments.
- Supervising audits on site, supporting and developing junior members of staff.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required to support and assist the smooth running of the Audit Department.
- Liaising with the Managers, clients and other professional bodies, reporting any issues and suggestions for improvement.
You will hold a professional qualification such as ACA/ACCA or equivalent and have at least 2 to 3 years practice experience. You will also possess a strong audit background as well as having good technical ability in accounting.