An excellent opportunity for an Audit & Accounts Senior to join a Top 30 Firm in Central London with clear progression routes. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to work with a wide variety of client sectors within a friendly and rewarding team.
- As part of your development you will allocate sections to junior staff and brief on what is expected of them
- Provide guidance and support to juniors throughout the audit
- Complete audits in accordance with the firms audit procedures, with assistance from more senior members of staff where required
- Monitor the progress of jobs, ensure that budgets are met, address any problems that are encountered to ensure that the audit is finished within budget and time-frame
- Review and supervise the work of more junior staff both on site and in the office and complete any sections as necessary
- Sign off audit sections, address any problems and/or queries and complete the file before passing it on to the Partner/Director/Senior Manager/Manager for review
- Prepare accounts from records and produce set of financial statements
- Produce a short summary on key client issues and the contents of the accounts before passing to the Partner/Director/Senior Manager/Manager
- Monitor the performance of staff working on jobs: including feedback after files have been reviewed and completing audit review form at the end of each job, noting any training and development needs that have been identified.
Qualifications and Experience:
- ACA or ACCA qualified or Finalist with Practice experience
- Auditing experience and excellent accounts preparation skills
- Experience of the Academies Sector would be an advantage, but not essential
- Previous experience of supervising junior members of staff
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
For more information on this role please either apply directly, or contact Hannah Wright at AJ Chambers.