Audit & Accounts Semi-Senior
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a highly renowned Regional Accountancy Firm in Nottingham who are seeking to grow their Audit & Accounts function and recruit a Part-Qualified Semi-Senior. Reporting to one of the Managers, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing and reviewing audit & accounts work papers, along with drafts of financial statements
- Assisting with the Monthly and Annual Accounts process for owner-managed clients (companies up to £40/50m) with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Assisting with audit fieldwork on client sites including liaising with other internal departments to ensure the smooth delivery of external audits
- Producing Management Accounts & Statutory accounts for clients, and drafting sections of the Audit reports for Audit Managers
- Addressing and discussing with clients any technical accounting or potential issues identified during the course of client work
- Delivering an expertise across primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
- Ensuring all audit & accounting engagements are in compliance with UK Accounting standards and internal procedures
- Identifying areas requiring improvement in client business processes and providing recommendations
- Developing other juniors & graduates in the team by on the job training and helping with their work
To be considered for the role you should be a part-qualified ACA or ACCA Accountant, ideally with previous Audit & Accounts experience in a small/medium or top-rated accounting firm, used to preparing accounts and attending client audits for SME/owner-managed businesses when required. You will have experience working in a team environment on multiple clients, building relationships with customers and internal management teams, and being able to prioritise and work to strict deadlines.
On offer is a salary to £30,000 (depending on experience) with excellent benefits including study support, 20 days holiday, company pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) Office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting, HR Services or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
- External Audit
- Statutory Audit
- Client Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job