Our client is a modern and dynamic firm of Chartered Accountants. This large independent firm has an excellent reputation and currently seek an ACA or ACCA Qualified Accountant to join their Management Team.
This is an exciting career opportunity for an ambitious individual and will report directly to the Partners.
As an Audit & Accounts Manager, the successful applicant will enjoy a varied role and manage a wide range of clients including Charities and Academies.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure technical knowledge is kept up to date
- Communicate effectively with partners ensuring client and department issues are dealt with on a timely basis
- Ensure that files for review by the partners are accurate and complete with a clear indication of the action points and proposed resolution
- Ensure that jobs are efficiently resourced with the appropriate mix of knowledge and skills required. Develop strategies for minimising budget overspend and identifying opportunities for additional billing.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients at senior levels, be the principal point of contact throughout the year and develop a strong commercial understanding of the clients’ businesses.
- Ensure that the Firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Identify and recognise business and sales opportunities with new and existing clients and inform the Partner and client as appropriate.
- Manage staff within the department ensuring sufficient and relevant work is distributed efficiently and provide relevant training to ensure continued development.
- Undertake regular performance review sessions with designated members of the department to ensure that performance standards are maintained.
- To be a Qualified Chartered or Certified Accountant and a member of the recognised professional body
- Have an appropriate communication style for the audience you are addressing and to implement effective listening and coaching skills
- To have effective organisation skills to enable you to prioritise your workload to meet deadlines and excellent team-working skills to improve department effectiveness
- Must be able to support and adapt to technological improvements, making the best use of technology to achieve performance efficiency
- Be able to apply sound judgement having considered all the information that is available to you
- Be effective in applying techniques for planning your workload taking account of additional resources or holiday
- Holiday of 25 days per annum
- Flexi-time can be accrued up to a maximum of a working week, following first 6 months employment
- Commission incentives for introducing new business and employees to the firm
- Life Assurance (4 X annual salary)
- Private Medical Insurance (PMI) is free for employees, with an option to add family/partner/child (not via salary sacrifice). PMI includes Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- "Free" car parking
Flexible benefits package (with salary sacrifice):
- Additional holiday purchase scheme - up to one working week
- Pension contribution
- Childcare vouchers
- Christmas Party, for all employees
- Summer BBQ, for all employees and their family
- Social committee organises other regular functions throughout the year
Fletcher George is a Financial Recruitment specialist, acting as an employment agency. Please note due to the high volume of responses Fletcher George can only respond to relevant candidates for this role and aims to do so within a 48 hour time-scale.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job