The value of client turnover ranges from very small to large; examples being a consultant with a turnover of £100k to an international firm turning over £80 million. Location of clients is usually fairly local, (Buckinghamshire or Oxfordshire) and a lot in London. We have a client in Scotland. Managers and Senior Managers visit a client non-routinely but it may be once a month, and meetings would be for pre-year end and final meetings. It would depend on the team looking after the client and how advanced they are; as well as when the manager last visited site.
Main Job Purpose
Manages the team in conjunction with Directors and Partners to ensure timely and accurate delivery of technical audit and other assurance services
Reporting, Relationships & Managers
- Report to Partners
- Delegates, coaches and manages the team, including completing annual reviews in conjunction with Partners
- Encourage and maintain regular contact with clients in own portfolio, providing ongoing updates on progress
Manage and develop a portfolio of larger and complex clients if appropriate.
- Ensuring assignments are fully completed before being passed to Partners
- Planning the assignment efficiently to meet budgets and recoverability of fees required and communicate to the team
- Managing the allocation of work to other team members
- Completing regular review of work to ensure compliance standards are met
- Interact fully with clients in conjunction with senior audit team ensuring they are kept informed of progress.
- Completion and submission of timesheets and billing (for own ledger if appropriate) within PE deadlines
- Assist Partners with the analysis of WIP
ACA / ACCA qualified
Technical, training & Skill
- MINIMUM 4 YEARS EXPERIENCE WITHIN PRACTICE AUDIT
- Encouraging the effective use of IT within the team, including excel, audit and accounts packages (Viztopia, Teamate, Sage), outlook and CCH
- Undertake CPD in accordance with Institute and practice requirements and maintain up to date CPD record
- Maintains high professional standards of conduct and practice
- Applies knowledge of practice, industry, markets and core client base, identifying additional services to clients in your portfolio.
- Aware of relevant financial targets and constraints and actively assists senior management in achieving these, keeping Partner/client informed of progress and potential problems including actual vs. budget
- Converts options into recommendations and resolutions to exceed client expectations where possible
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job