Our client has an opportunity which has arisen within the award winning in house AV team of our support services department. The purpose of the role is to deliver high quality professional and knowledgeable on-site all-round AV support to users, both internal and external before, during and after each event.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
- Set up and operate both in-built AV systems and mobile equipment within the lecture theatres and meeting spaces.
- Providing first-line AV and IT support, including on-the-spot diagnosis and rectification of problems as and when they occur for presenters at conferences and meetings.
- Liaising with clients both internal and external to provide advice and guidance for their audio-visual requirements for future meeting and event bookings, face to face, by phone and email.
- Minor repair, maintenance and routine servicing of AV equipment.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and presentation of all AV rooms, stores and equipment.
- Updating and maintaining records and databases.
- To ensure the security of all AV equipment in the building whether owned by the Society or hired from nominated suppliers.
- Using all opportunities to promote and sell AV services.
This list is not exhaustive; other duties compatible with employment may be given by line management.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate experience and skills in the Following:
- Data projectors and other display systems
- Audio mixers, DSPs and amplification systems
- Video conferencing with hard and soft codecs
- Audio and Video recording including video mixers
- AV control systems
- Video camera set up and operation, video editing and production
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good troubleshooting/problem solving skills ability when under pressure.
- A customer focused approach and good team working/collaboration skills
- A passion for constant improvement through learning and innovation
It would be desirable in addition if applicants are able to demonstrate the following:
- Stage and studio lighting set ups and lighting desk operation
- Relevant AV related qualifications (such as AVIXA/Infocomm Essentials)
- Knowledge of IT networks and how AV equipment/networks interact with them.
- An independent interest in AV/IT technology
- Experience in a similar working environment while deploying all-round AV technician skills.
- AV Technician
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job