This is a real opportunity to work for a prestigious conference and events centre in central London as an Audio Visual Technician.
You will work as part of a professional team in the provision of technical presentation services to events, primarily within the Centre and at times other venues.
You will present a confident, professional and approachable manner -worthy of the Department - at all times to clients, Centre staff, colleagues and production companies
- Rigging and de-rigging audio, lighting, audio visual, video/data sets and display equipment in accordance with general health and safety regulations and procedures.
- To operate technical equipment on events.
- To undertake general duties under instruction from the Senior AV Logistics Technician or Head of discipline, including maintaining a tidy and efficient working environment.
- To assist with development of facilities and to extend the boundaries of achievable operations.
- To assist with inventory storage of equipment including repairs.
- To undertake training both internal and external in all relevant technical subjects.
- To assist the Senior AV Logistics Technician or Head of discipline as to where improvements may be made in day to day operations of the department.
- To deploy equipment at your own discretion if essential to the effective operation of an event. If it is to be billed to a client, a check with the Senior AV Logistics Technician or Production Manager or the AVPM, before it is deployed, is required.
- Some basic, immediate decisions may be made based on procedure but more important decisions will be made in conjunction with senior members of Centre Staff.
- Any other duties as requested by the Production Manager or Senior AV Logistics Technician (i.e. weekend work)
Based in Central London salary circa £27k p.a. plus benefits.
Your skills and experience
You will, of course, have good technical knowledge of audio visual equipment and experience in a relevant field, e.g. conference, theatre or TV.
- Ensure you are fully conversant with all AV equipment at your disposal
- Keep your technical knowledge up to date
- Ensure client requests are acted upon promptly
- Aim for 100% accuracy in all aspects of your role as an Audio Visual Technician with all the resources supplied
- Be punctual, presentable, attentive
- Be a Team player
- Ideally have membership to AV Associations
- Trained in Health and safety, including the use of towers and ladders
- Rigging Slinging Training
Our client is a leading conference and events centre in Central London, holding around 400 events every year. They offer excellent working facilities as well as career opportunities for the successful applicant.
AV Jobs are the No. 1 Audio Visual recruiters in UK and Europe working with clients and candidates to ensure a perfect job fit every time.
- Audio Visual Engineer
- AV Engineer
- AV Events Technician
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job