Job Type - Permanent
Job Location - Central London
Salary - Negotiable based on skill-set and experience
Required experience - at least 2 years operating as an AV technician. Must have UK drivers licence.
- To prepare and set-up a wide range of Audio Visual, sound, staging, video and lighting equipment and where required to operate said equipment during specific events
- To provide on-site technical support where required
- Delivering and collecting equipment from various venue sites and suppliers
- Assist with the project management of an event in line with any detailed brief supplied by the sales team.
- Ensure that all audio-visual services are delivered to clients in a professional and efficient manner. Liaising with clients on finer details such as equipment placement, control areas, lighting angles etc.
- Assist and advise clients on the operation of certain equipment supplied without an on-site technician.
- Assist in maintaining quality control i.e - monitoring condition of equipment, reporting any faults etc
Basic Qualities/ Skills / Attributes
We are looking for someone who -
- Is presentable, polite. well-mannered and well groomed. You must have good communication and client-facing skills as you will be operating in a corporate environment.
- Understands the flexible nature of the events industry and who is used to working unsociable hours.
- Is fluent in English - both spoken and written
- Has a full, clean UK drivers licence with a good knowledge of London and the transport system.
- Is a team player who is able to operate calmly under pressure
- We are looking for a self-motivated person who is passionate about a long-term career in the AV Industry
- Is PC literate with an excellent understanding of Powerpoint and who has experience with both Mac and Windows operation systems.
- Has a good understanding of sound reinforcement equipment including Digital and Analogue mixing consoles, wireless microphones, conference PA set-ups, speaker systems, audio processors and recording.
- Has experience in corporate staging, sets and flats, stage backdrops, up-
lighting and stage lighting.
- Has a thorough understanding of projectors, switchers and scalers plus AV distribution via SDI and CAT5. Knowledge of various display screens and monitors / video walls is essential.
- Is familiar with stage lighting, dimmers, lighting controllers and desks, DMX and all types of LED lighting.
- Has some basic experience in camera operation for conference style events. Knowledge of video editing would be useful.
This is a permanent position which we are looking to fill as soon as possible. We offer a competitive salary package based on experience. If you feel you have the right skills and experience, are self-motivated and have a passion for the events industry then please get in touch.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job