Audio Visual Design Engineer
My client due to expansion are looking for an Audio Visual design engineer to be based in the North of the UK. This will be a home based role with visits to clients sites on a regular basis.
Main Duties and Tasks
This role encompasses a variety of tasks but primarily has responsibility for producing the designs, documentation and training for client AV installs.
Work closely with the sales team to:
- Agree a solution that meets the customers’ expectations
- Ensure tender responses are technically correct and fit for purpose
Work closely with the Operations Team to:
- Agree a deliverable solution
- Ensure tender responses allow sufficient resource for installation and project management
- Be able to perform a full health check on existing equipment as part of the sale process for Service & Maintenance contracts
- Preparing documentation for customer handover including drawings, AV rack design and mounting information
- Training customers on system use and customer service on trouble shooting
- Commissioning installations
- Delivering AV training and documentation to clients post install
- Second level customer service support
- Build costing sheets in line with the design and the supplier quotes
- Write technical proposals for tendering or general priced proposals
- Provide reports following site surveys
- Attend site meetings to support sales either in a technical capacity or for product demonstrations. On occasions you may be required to do so alone
- Support internal small sales with product or technical guidance
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Audio visual experience is paramount and ideal candidate will have had installation experience
- AV system design: (As a minimum we expect you to be able to design an AV system)
- Outline AV design for budgetary purposes
- Full design for costing and technical proposal documentation
- Installation drawings including rack build design
- Wiring schematics and numbering schemes
- Communicate with manufacturers/suppliers to help support the AV design process
- Build costing sheets in line with the design and supplier quotes
- Liaise with sub-contractors for quotes and survey support
- Be able to produce technical writing for proposals and tenders
- Good knowledge of digital transmission including AVoIP and HDbaseT
- Familiarity with conducting and writing site surveys
- A good understanding of audio conferencing systems
- An excellent understanding of audio and video protocols
- A thorough understanding of analogue and digital based systems
- AV system design
- Be up to date with product announcements and emerging technologies
The ideal candidate will be familiar with professional conferencing system (sometimes referred to as Congress or Delegate unit systems) . These often incorporate electronic voting and microphone management. They integrate with webcasting but a deep knowledge of streaming isn’t essential.
You should also be fluent with AVoIP using HDbaseT and up to date with manufacturers such as CYP, Crestron, Extron and Kramer.
In addition you should:
- Be capable of preparing an AV system rack design.
- Designing Crestron systems is a real advantage.
Other often related requirements include, Digital Signage, occasionally Video Conferencing and Room Booking Systems. A general understanding of Visual displays is assumed but you will be expected to be able to calculate Projection systems in order to specify the most suitable size, ratio and contrast of the projector and screen. Likewise, you are expected to design Audio systems but not be expected to provide acoustic design calculations. General principles are adequate.
- Professional communication skills externally and internally and the ability to present to clients is essential
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to think quickly and outside of the 'standard’ solutions where appropriate
- Time management and good organisational skills along with the ability to prioritise and manage workloads in a timely manner
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work autonomously
- Previous knowledge of using a CRM system would be an advantage
- Full, clean driving licence
Please note we regret that due to the high volume of CVs received we cannot give individual feedback to candidates. If you are not contacted within 5 working days of submitting your CV please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Honeypot People Ltd, is a UK-based agency providing specialist solutions within the Sales and Marketing Sector.
We operate an equal opportunities policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, marital or civil partnership status or disability.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'