FRS requires an Audio Transcriber to listen to confidential audio recordings and provide accurate transcriptions and reviews of machine interpreted transcriptions.
The role will involve working with our proprietary software to analyse the content of voice recordings to train the software towards greater machine understanding of the content. The objective is to use the data created by the FRS team to teach computers how to understand natural human conversation.
Joining FRS is a golden opportunity to be in at the beginning of an exciting new venture in the
Financial Services area. Successful applicants will enjoy the challenge of a varied working day, and for the most keen and able, the opportunity to extend their remit within a growing organisation. We welcome applicants interested in training and progression in a Financial Services environment. We are a friendly and social bunch who love what we do. We love solving hard problems and are as eager to learn as we are to help each other to do so.
The activities that the FRS team will engage in will be many and varied, ranging from standard transcription through to marking up ranges of audio with the 'meaning’ of what has been said; with 'meaning’ having a diversity of approaches that will keep these activities both assorted and challenging! Some of the work to be done by the FRS team is unlike any that has been done before, by any organisation.
Many of the skills required for the FRS team to do this work will be taught. Existing transcription skills would be advantageous, as well as 'conversation understanding’ skills that may already have been naturally acquired.
Responsibilities will include:
- Listening to confidential recordings, primarily of a financial nature
- Transcribing recordings, with particular emphasis on identifying key and relevant phrases and words
- Working with our voice recognition and analysis application to help 'train’ its capabilities
- Analysis and correction or approval of colleague and machine interpreted transcriptions
- Be aware of the company processes relating to ISO 27001 and maintain an awareness of the importance of secure handling of Client data and FRS Intellectual Property. We are a very security conscious organisation, believing passionately that our clients’ information is safe in our hands
- Comply with internal policies, in particular raising any concerns over security issues
Skills & Experience:
- You will be keen to learn and contribute, diligent, focused on the quality of your work, fully committed to security of confidential data
- Excellent English Grammar skills
- Desirable but not essential: experience within an organisation that services a regulated industry (e.g. Financial Services, Police, Health, Military)
Applicants will be required to undertake an online audio typing and verbal reasoning test, followed by a face-to-face interview in Leeds.
FRS is a subsidiary of a significant player in the Financial Services industry, with a major new and unique software product/service, hence the need to maintain a degree of secrecy at this stage. Please get in touch for further information.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'