Audio Medical Secretary
Proposed start date: ASAP
Duration: Expected to last up to 2 months possibly longer
£11.00 to £12.00 paye per hour
£12.00 to £13.00 paye inclusive per hour
£13.00 to £14.00 umbrella per hour
Depending on skill and experience
Working Days and Hours: Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm, , 37.5 hours per week ( there is some flexibility with hours, within core hours, whilst still committing to full time hours ).
Part Time will be considered, please state the number of hours and the days that your candidate can work.
- Complete audio typing of letters and correspondence for the Trust and department
- Provide a complete secretarial service transcribing author dictation utilising a digital dictation voice recognition system. Undertake filing, sending and receiving emails and composition of letters as required.
- An autonomous responsibility to manage a full clerical administrative and secretarial service to the Consultants and members of the clinic teams. Time management and prioritising workloads are essential requirements.
- To be responsible for dealing with telephone calls from parents/carers/guardians, medical staff, allied healthcare professionals and departments within the Trust and other third party healthcare providers.
- Using tact, diplomacy, reassurance and discretion exchange verbal and written information with parents/carers/guardians, medical staff, allied healthcare professionals and departments regarding future management.
- To assess the nature and urgency of all telephone calls, taking detailed messages and ensuring that the information is passed to the relevant personnel and dealt with at the earliest opportunity.
- To maintain office filing systems and storage of information to meet the needs of the service including uploading documents to Panda.
- To use Trust Patient Administration System (Careflow) for the retrieval/tracking of patient information/medical records.
- To be efficient in the use of email, word and excel. There will also be the requirement to use the Trust and departmental database for which training will be given.
- Comply explicitly with the Trust policies and procedures.
- To undertake secretarial duties as requested by the Secretarial Manager covering the needs of the service.
Essential skills and experience
- Excellent audio and typing skills and ability to touch type quickly and accurately.
- Good working knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience in comparable secretarial role, to include experience of audio typing
Do you have experience working as an Audio Medical Secretary in the NHS or healthcare sector?
Do you have experience working as an Audio Medical Secretary?
Do you have audio typing experience within the healthcare sector
Do you meet the criteria above and available to start immediately?
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'