My client is looking for a newly qualified accountant to join their market leading music and entertainment team in the London office. This is an exciting which varies from financial advice to high profile individuals to attending high profile globally known award ceremonies and festivals.
My client is an accountancy firm, providing advice to large corporates and high network individuals. Your career with them will be exciting and dynamic, with the opportunity to work with a range of different clients across a variety of sectors.
Through hard work and innovative thinking - to say nothing of their personal touch, which has long been our trademark - they have achieved strong market positions across a range of sectors.
Your client base will include all of the major film studios, as well as many independent film and television production companies in the US and UK. They also work with many other entities ancillary to film and television production, such as film financiers, post production houses, other service providers and musicians.
The individual would be assigned to work predominantly within the entertainment group and report to managers and partners within that team.
In addition to audit and accounts work, there also may be the opportunity to work on one-off projects, particularly within corporate finance.
Aside from the typical audit/accountancy work you might expect, the more specialist work you would be involved in would be as follows:
- Preparation and audit of British film certifications
- Preparation of production expenditure analyses for inclusion in tax returns
- Preparation and audit of production cost reports for both individual productions and co-productions
- Preparation and audit of funding applications and reports
- Preparation of business plans and financial models to reflect varied businesses and opportunities within the film and television industries
- Preparation of valuations for film titles, film libraries, income streams and other intellectual property
The applicant should be able to demonstrate the following skills and behaviours.
- Qualified accountant, ACA/ACCA or equivalent
- Passion for the entertainment and film industry
- Demonstrate a passion for delivering quality and ensures that client needs are met, benefiting both the client and the firm
- Defines performance measures and continuously looks to assess, improve and achieve objectives
- Sets priorities, defines activities, gives responsibilities and plans work so that results are achieved on time
- Seeks self-development and provides support that enables others to develop within the firm
- Works cooperatively with others, positively influences them and ensures team participation to support the firm's goals.
- Thinks widely and laterally to identify and consider different options before determining the best solution.
- Listens to, understands and communicates confidently with others in a clear, concise, polite and purposeful way.
Unique, varied position with career progression
High profile, interesting client base
Suited to an accountant in addition to strong technical skills has a strong creative side and ability to engage with a high profile client base
Be part of a larger international accounting firm
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job