Associate Technical Director / Principal Engineer – Bridges & Structures – Highways & Aviation- London
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.
Our Bridges and Civil Structures team is involved in some of the UK’s most high profile, complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. We have an enviable reputation in the delivery of some of the UK’s and indeed the world’s most prestigious and challenging projects. Our current client portfolio includes the Department of Transport, Highways England, Transport for London, Borough Councils, Civil Engineering Contractors and International Governments, for whom we undertake the planning, design and supervision of civil engineering and transport solutions to exceed our client’s requirements.
As a global multi-disciplinary company we also work closely with our other sectors and regions around the world. Based in the UK the Bridges team supports all sectors and regions on bids and the delivery of high profile projects.
We are currently seeking a career minded, commercially aware and technically advanced Associate Technical Director or Principal Engineer with proven experience on Bridges and Civil Structures to take on a key role within our Civil Structures team in Croydon.
To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Masters in Structural Engineering
- CEng, MIStructE, or equivalent
- Minimum 15 years’ experience delivering bridge and civil infrastructure design in the highway and railway sectors
- Recognised leader in specialist discipline with well-established industry networks
- Proven experience of delivering design on D&B projects on major infrastructure projects
- Proven experience of developing design through early stages on major infrastructure projects
- A sound working knowledge of the UK highway and rail sectors
- Proven ability to network and influence at peer levels
- Commercially astute
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, both internally and externally
Duties & Responsibilities
You will take a key role in leading projects for the highway bridge team in Croydon. The role will require that you lead members of the team to produce designs and take responsibility for interfaces with client teams and project teams within Arcadis. You will also provide technical input into bids and build a professional profile and reputation, for self and for Arcadis, within the industry at a local and national level. You will also be required to manage the delivery of specialised components of projects, take an active part in Professional Excellence Groups (PEGs), assist in the technical development of staff, coaching and mentoring on technical issues and assisting with chartered institution membership.
The role will also see you establish and consolidate relationships with clients, both during and after project completion, use technical knowledge to identify and realise new client opportunities, manage technical resources to deliver projects efficiently and effectively and to identify key positions and work to grow the business in Croydon and the wider UK.
- Keeping up to date with technical and legislative developments and seek opportunities to develop professional profile such as giving presentations to relevant conferences/meetings/professional bodies and participation in technical committees for trade organisations and standards
- Building effective and enduring relationships with other Arcadis offices and external organisations to foster co-operation and maximise cross-sell and trade-up opportunities in relevant specialist field
- Establishing an understanding of client businesses, their drivers and competitors
- Providing technical expertise and overview to client and stakeholders and assisting clients through technical decision-making and provide alternatives options/solutions if there are changes to project objectives
- Providing reassurance, confidence and a sense of direction to both client and project team members
- Assisting in the development of Arcadis’s talent through coaching and mentoring and through the PEGs
- Ensuring awareness of health and safety in all aspects of design and operations
- Using understanding of the technical challenges and client business to form the most effective team
- Working with client and stakeholders to ensure clear understanding of project objectives and to set protocols for working together
- Communicating with team members to ensure that they understand, and become engaged with, the project strategy, brief and client requirements
- Seeking and documenting regular feedback from clients on the quality of Arcadis performance, technical solutions and delivery and advise on the appropriate mitigation as required
- Implementing innovation in technical issues, problem solving and the culture of the team, leading by example
- Undertaking technical reviews for projects
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis
Remuneration & Benefits
At Arcadis we believe in rewarding our staff for their commitment and endeavours and we have designed a flexible benefits package that we feel will suit all of our team. You will receive a basic salary that will match your skills, experience and requirements, coupled with:
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'