Join the established multidisciplinary team at Cotswold Spa, a specialist inpatient and day patient eating disorder service for young people aged 13-17 years and adults aged 18-25 years. The service requires an Associate Specialist Doctor to be part of the team providing care for service users.
The specialist service supports the recovery and rehabilitation of individuals by providing a therapeutic pathway of care that enables young people to safely return back to the community.
As an Associate Specialist Doctor, you will have prior experience in working with a MDT in mental health settings from the NHS or Private Care. Previous work with children & young people, and with people suffering from an eating disorder is preferable but not essential. You will manage any physical health concerns and continue to analyse their mental health.
Cotswold Spa is conveniently located near Evesham, close to the M5 and commutable from Cheltenham, Worcester, Birmingham, Oxford, Warwickshire and surrounding areas.
- Ensuring an adequate handover to colleagues including out of hours.
- Seek collateral history from other professionals and family both on admission and during admission.
- Ensure all young people have a full physical health screen upon admission, this will include a physical examination, ECG and bloods.
- You will manage any physical health concerns of the young people
- You will assess the young people's mental health and risks at least weekly
- Completing discharge letters/reports/s62 forms as required in a timely manner.
- Preparing First-tier Tribunal and Hospital Managers' hearing reports under the supervision of Consultant.
- Depending on your experience, providing oral evidence at First-tier Tribunal and Hospital Managers' hearings under the supervision of the Consultant.
- Contributing to the service development by participating in Clinical Governance activities by conducting audits, research and teaching.
- Work effectively with colleagues to ensure that patients have access to appropriate medical cover at all times.
To be successful in this role, you'll need
- Full GMC registration
- Experience working in psychiatry within multi-disciplinary teams
- To be in good standing with the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- To have had an appraisal/RITA within the last year
- At least 3 years' experience in Psychiatry
- Experience working as a doctor within similar environment
- MRCPsych (desirable)
- Section 12 (2) approval (desirable)
- AC status (desirable)
What you will get
- Competitive annual salary
- The equivalent of 25 days of annual leave, 8 bank holidays- plus your birthday off.
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Specialist Doctor
- Associate Doctor
- Eating Disorder Specialist
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'