Associate Scientist - Biomarkers, Bioanalysis & Clinical Sciences
At Envigo, we are working together to build a healthier and safer world, we exist to help our customers secure the potential of their research and develop products that enhance and enrich life.
It’s an exciting time to join our team in Biomarkers, Bioanalysis and Clinical Sciences (BBC) at our site in Alconbury, Cambridgeshire. We are looking for an Associate Scientist to join our successful and growing team.
This role will be responsible to undertake routine analysis of pre-clinical and clinical samples within BBC.
As an Associate Scientist at Envigo your main responsibilities will be:
- Develop experience in analytical techniques and instrumentation with guidance from senior BBC personnel
- Analyse pre-clinical and clinical samples under regular supervision from their Line Manager
- Displays understanding of theory at least one technical area.
- Monitor results obtained for assigned studies and discuss results on a daily basis with line manager to ensure that results are within stated acceptance criteria
- Ensure data provided for QC checking is accurate and good self QC is apparent
- Ensure the timely completion of log books and equipment records
- Accept responsibility for the condition and maintenance of allocated equipment
- Ensure that chemicals and reagents in use in the laboratory are clearly labelled
- Develop a thorough working knowledge of UK and international Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) regulations and their application to the work area
- Develop an in depth knowledge and understanding of all Company and Department SOP’s relevant to the work area
- Comply with Company Policies and Procedures and ensure that the correct procedures are followed for holiday, sickness and absence
- Maintain an awareness of the nature, type and frequency of regulatory inspections
- Accept responsibility for own GLP compliance
- Maintain an awareness and comply with all safety directives and department safety procedures
- Ensure safe working practices in accordance with HASAWA and COSHH
- Ensure all materials and reagents have an up to date COSHH assessment where required
The skills and experience we’re looking for are:
- Scientific degree or equivalent with a desire to work in a scientific laboratory environment
- Some previous laboratory work experience
- Has worked in or has knowledge of working in a GLP environment
- Attention to detail and used to working to tight deadlines
?If you are professional, forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated, then we want you to join us and help us achieve our mission - to be the best company to work with and the best company to work for.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'