No matter where our clients are in today’s competitive real estate market, advice with a global perspective is indispensable. Our clients need a team by their side to navigate this rapidly changing legal environment that’s often complicated by multijurisdictional issues. Whether they are an investor, lender, developer, landowner or tenant, a buyer or seller of real estate, they know the challenges of this market—and want experienced counsel from people who understand all their real estate needs.
At Dentons, we bring strong, established local, regional and global experience and know-how to help our clients succeed in all their real estate ventures and projects. With over 500 real estate lawyers and our commitment to an integrated approach, we give clients the comfort of a global presence with a deep understanding of the local real estate terrain. Because opportunities don’t wait, we anticipate trends and react with speed and certainty on client's behalf, collaborating with them every step of the way.
Whether our clients need expertise in real estate leasing, project finance, acquisition and disposition, development, construction, or investment, or they need the services of astute counsel to resolve a real estate dispute, our team of committed, respected professionals across the globe is keen to help our clients succeed. Where their needs extend beyond real estate, Dentons offers a panoply of legal expertise and services worldwide in all business-related areas, including: insolvency and debt restructuring, environmental and regulatory compliance, corporate structuring, taxation, and cross-border matters, to name but a few.Purpose of role
We now have an opportunity for an Associate to join the Real Estate team. The role would suit a 2-4 years + PQE lawyer however we will consider applicants outside of this. The team advise clients on a wide variety of high profile domestic and international real estate investment, development and finance transactions. This includes acting for clearing banks and other lenders , investors, hoteliers, funds and insolvency practitioners on major financings, real estate disposals/acquisitions, landlord and tenant and restructuring/insolvency transactions. You will undertake a broad and varied range of real estate work and play a fundamental role in business development and within dedicated client service teams.Responsibilities
- Assisting on real estate finance, investment based disposals and acquisitions (including corporate share acquisitions), development and restructuring and insolvency transactions
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial real estate documents, including sale/purchase contracts, development agreements, agreements for lease andleases
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating security documentation and ancillary property documentation on real estate finance transactions
- Liaising with our tax, planning, construction, employment, corporate and banking teams as appropriate
- Dealing with the usual real estate due diligence requirements such as the preparation/reviewof certificates/reports of title and summary report
- Active participation in business development activities and willingness to instigate own initiatives with support as required
We expect the successful candidate to have experience and skills in many of the following:
- Experience and understanding of the fundamentals of real estate finance transactions, from both the lender and borrower side.
- Experience of real estate investments and development transactions.
- Private practice experience of managing own case load and clients is essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to prioritise and multi-task particularly when working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Able to interact positively at all levels and be a good team player.
- Methodical approach to work with a strong focus on accuracy.
- Hardworking and enthusiastic approach to work.
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities. In light of our recent combination, Mandarin language fluency would be particularly advantageous given that China is now core to our strategy.Equal opportunities
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.About Dentons
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job