Pathology First provides essential and efficient 24/7 laboratory services to local hospitals and the GP Community. Pathology First has Essential Services Laboratories (ESL) located in Southend University Hospital Trust and Basildon and Thurrock Hospital Trust and a Hub laboratory in Basildon where specialist and community laboratory services are provided. The Blood Sciences department includes laboratory disciplines Blood Transfusion, Haematology, Biochemistry and Immunology.
The successful candidate will meet the criteria specified below as well as being able to work flexible hours. Full training and support to develop technical competencies and additional work skills will be provided.
If you are interested in pursuing a career with an organisation that places huge emphasis on career development then we’d love to hear from you.
Key roles and duties
- To perform routine biomedical investigations and participate in the daily scientific and technical activities of the laboratory section in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and under the supervision of Biomedical Scientists.
- To rotate through a range of specialist areas of the laboratory which may include Blood Transfusion, Biochemistry, Coagulation, Haematology and Specimen Reception.
- To participate in the 24/7 roster providing essential laboratory services.
- To participate and undertake training and competency completion with personal development as appropriate.
- To be proficient in the use of laboratory computer applications in use such as LIMS, Quality Management System and stock control system.
- To communicate with a wide range of levels of staff within the laboratory and user organisation in respectful and professional manner.
- To maintain high personal standards and conform to Health and Safety and laboratory regulations.
To be considered for the opportunity you should have:
- Foundation degree or equivalent qualification which may include relevant NVQ level 3 plus additional theoretical and applied training to Level 4 diploma.
- GCSE (or equivalent) qualifications must include English and Maths.
- Working knowledge of Biomedical techniques and practices.
- Experience of IT applications including Microsoft office including PowerPoint, Laboratory information systems and packages for statistical manipulation
- Good degree of accuracy & numeracy with IT data entry accurate and timely
- Flexibility to work overnight and weekend shifts to fully participate in the 24/7 roster
- Developed interpersonal and team working abilities.
- Ability to manage time to best advantage and have ability to adapt efficiently to change
- High degree of dexterity
- Experience of working in a Biomedical laboratory is desirable
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'