Our client is a well-estalished, boutique independent asset mangement (IAM) company, focused on discretionary asset mangement. The IAM is part of a Group that as well has offices in Dubai and predominantly caters to Clients from the Middle East. They are seeking an Associate Portfolio Manager (APM) for the Group's Head Office in London. The IAM manages its Clients’ portfolios in segregated accounts under very well defined Investment Management mandates and risk parameters. All investment mandates are global and multi-asset class.
The APM will report to the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and as a member of the PM Team, will work closely with all team members, with the prime responsibilities as follows:
1. Support the Investment Management Committee (IMC) and PMT on the Macro outlook and predominantly the positioning within the Fixed Income asset class. This will involve the following:
- Detailed analysis of all research sources available to the IAM as to determine macro outlook and the consequent input on the Fixed Income (FI) current allocation within the Asset Allocation guidelines covering all the investment mandates of the IAM, as well as the Currency outlook and hedging strategy;
- Analyse the positioning within the FI asset class and raise any recommendations:
- This will entail analysing investments within the IAM Fixed Income Allocation Guidelines that cover FI exposures from Sovereigns, Investment Grade Corporates, Emerging Markets to HY, while taking into account credit rating, duration, liquidity and a number of other technical factors with the comparative and risk analysis;
- Focus is on single-line Bond holdings;
- Analysing the positioning vis-à-vis the IAM Hurdle Rate as applicable to the FI allocation.
- Currency exposure analysis on the whole book.
2. Generate single-line Bond investment ideas in-line with the agreed investment strategy for review by CIO as to current holdings and / or new holdings;
3. Assist and back-up other team members in coordinating the execution, across all asset classes, of all investment trades as authorised by the CIO. This entails the following:
- Working with up to four Bank trading rooms and be in -line with each Bank’s order taking procedures while,
- Adhering to the IAM strict trade order procedures including reconciliation and compliance reports.
- Paying particular attention to any restrictions as they apply to any particular Client portfolio and as flagged by the IAM proprietary PM System;
- Uploading all trades into Unavista (or similar platform) on a T+1 basis in compliance with MiFIR.
4. Minimise variance between the FI allocations of clients under the same investment mandate in coordination with the other team members;
5. Monitor the FX forward exposures / hedges in coordination with the other team members while working with the Bank’s FX or dedicated desks;
6. Assist with the quarterly Investment Commentaries, in terms of data compilation, analysis and write-up, and any other client circulations;
7. Assist in the technical aspects of the IAM reporting requirements to its Clients;
8. Assist with the internal investment update reports summarising client positioning;
9. Work on any other investment analysis project as required by the CIO.
- Fixed Income
- Order Taking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job