Associate Medical Director
Respiratory focused Associate Medical Director wanted to work remotely anywhere in the US.
This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned, senior level publications focused medial writer or Senior Editorial Manager to join a global agency that offer high-quality medical writing and editing services to multinational pharmaceutical companies, clinical research organizations, and researchers worldwide. They work with over 25 pharmaceutical clients located in the UK, US, EU, and APAC and require a highly experienced candidate to join their team of world-class medical writing and communications and work in a dynamic, fast-paced global role as an Associate Scientific Director.
They are looking for someone with expertise in the therapeutic areas of respiratory and COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), specialising in publications.
Their office is in New Brunswick, New Jersey but they are open to a remote working arrangement.
If you are looking for challenging and rewarding work which combines your understanding of medical science, aptitude for writing, and flair for managing clients and people into one unique job, the Associate Medical Director (AMD) role is for you. This is an opportunity to grow your career and make a greater impact on the lives around you.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely production of high quality documents (manuscripts, abstracts, short communications, review articles) for publications in journals or for presentation in meetings and other written communication material supporting pharmaceutical brands, research or educational activities, and other business needs
- Act as document specialist and provide intellectual input across document types
- Build a high-performance team by hiring the right talent, and coaching and mentoring team members by conducting training activities
- Lead client calls from a scientific perspective
- Participate in strategic publication planning activities
- Participate in RFIs/RFPs and client pitches
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including authors & KOLs
- Drive organic growth through excellence in quality of delivery
- deep understanding of medical publications strategies; Developing strategy, planning, and implementation of publication plans
- Review work done by team members and provide appropriate feedback and identifying training needs for the team
The deal candidate has the following profile:
- PhD/MD in Pharmacology or PhD in any of the Life Sciences, with first-author publications in indexed journals.
- At least 6-7 years of publication writing experience, preferably within a pharmaceutical company or agency environment
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Advanced knowledge of clinical research and the drug development processes, as well as ICMJE, GPP3, and reporting guidelines
- Proven skills in writing and editing documents for publications, including interpretation and summarization of complex clinical data across multiple studies and phases
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for analysis and presentation of statistical results
- Dynamic personality
- Ability to develop strategy and tactics for publication plans (including but not limited to publication planning development, regional publication planning, gap analysis, literature surveillance, thought leader plans, and communication platforms)
- Thorough understanding of DataVision.
Is this opportunity for you? Please get in touch for more information, company profile and full job description.
New Jersey, principal medical writer, senior scientific writer, associate scientific Director, homeworking, remote, editorial team leader, science, scientific, healthcare, health, phd, medical communications, publications, publication planning, strategy, Datavision, COPD, respiratory, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, life science, medical education.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'