We have an opportunity for an Associate Lecturer: Access Lecturer in Psychology and Sociology to join the team based at our Crawley campus on a full time basis. You will receive a competitive salary of £17.48 - £30.70 per hour.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
Crawley College seeks an inspirational Lecturer to join the existing successful Access teaching team. The Access to HE Diploma course in Nursing and Health Care Professions is a popular course with an excellent success rate at the college, currently 10.8% above the National Benchmark. Most of the students progress onto University and this is well supported within the team.
Key Responsibilities as our Associate Lecturer: Access Lecturer in Psychology and Sociology:
- Work as a member of a team to design specific courses, ensuring coverage of the syllabus and standardised delivery across the team
- Organise the implementation of the courses in line with college and awarding body guidelines
- Ensure final grades and outcomes for students are agreed and reported for the courses to meet college and awarding body timescales
- Support the Head of Learning with information, guidance, interviews and course enrolment
- Review individual student performance at agreed points in the year and complete ‘at risk’ procedures
- Contribute to self-assessment process
- Assess student learning and monitor student progress across courses using the Individual Learning Plan (ILP)
Skills & Experience required of our Associate Lecturer: Access Lecturer in Psychology and Sociology:
- Professional and/or academic qualifications in the relevant teaching discipline at level 3 or higher as appropriate, with the level being dependent upon the subject level to be taught
- A teaching qualification equivalent to DTLLS /Cert Ed/PGCE
- QTLS status (where required)
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- Level 2 qualifications in English and Mathematics
- Relevant industry or subject experience
- Previous teaching experience
- Where no formal qualification exists, a level of competency in English and Mathematics equivalent to that which would be required to attain a Level 2 qualification
Benefits of working with Chichester College Group:
- Competitive salary and holiday benefits.
- All staff are eligible to join the Local Government or Teachers’ final salary pension schemes.
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
- Recognition schemes including Star Team and Chairman’s Award.
- Occupational maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption benefits.
- Through Sodexho, the College has a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym membership is available at a discounted price for staff.
- Discounted rates for the College’s Hair and Beauty salon and access to the training restaurant for lunches and dinners with exciting menus.
Closing date: 2nd August 2018
Interview date: 16th August 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Associate Lecturer: Access Lecturer in Psychology and Sociology then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"