Job Title: Associate HR Business Partner
Reporting directly to the regional HR Business Partner for the area, the successful candidate will cover a number of highly unionised sites in the south-west region, but will be predominantly based in Thatcham. You will deal with all Generalist HR processes and provide support to a variety of management levels across teams as well as for day to day employee matters.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- To ensure that all matters relating to Human Resources are, at all times, conducted in accordance with legislative requirements, Company procedures and any recognised local agreements in place within the sites.
- To take a collaborative and coaching approach, to ensure that relevant staff and Managers are fully aware of their responsibilities and obligations when dealing with HR matters, and that any non-compliance is identified and speedily resolved.
- To assist in the development and implementation of change management programmes, in support of business objectives.
- To proactively manage the absence management process to company standards, advising and monitoring site practices accordingly, and applying best practice.
- To work with local administrators, HR Service Centre and any other relevant personnel (e.g. Payroll, Benefits) to ensure that all record systems and documentation are accurate, up-to-date and processed within the requisite timescales.
- To provide guidance and support in recruitment processes, to ensure that the most appropriate candidates are selected and retained, using an e-Recruitment tool.
- To ensure that all matters relating to discipline and grievances are handled in accordance with both legislative and Company requirements, and to participate in the management of such matters as appropriate, recognising the potential need for commerciality in certain cases.
- To support the operation of the Company's performance management and development processes, and to liaise with the Training and Development function to ensure that training requirements are fulfilled.
- To support multi-sites in London
Your skills and experience
- Extensive operational HR experience, ideally with CIPD qualification
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with employees, managers and trade union representatives
- Experience in managing employee relations in an unionised environment
- Good working knowledge of employment law
- Be self-motivated, able to work under pressure and prioritse
- A good level of IT literacy
- Ability to present and communicate effectively
- Excellent organisational skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent management, written and verbal communication and influencing skills
With more than 74,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job