Job Title: Associate - Financial Crime/AML
Salary: Up to £55,000 plus lucrative bonus and excellent benefits
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference. Our client's clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work. They come to our client for their expertise, deep network and 30+ years of experience in the industries they serve, and to partner with passionate, enterprising employees dedicated to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Job Description of the Associate, Financial Crime;
The UK Financial Crime Associate will be responsible for performing, overseeing and working financial crime and fraud prevention tasks designed to ensure the firm is compliant and protected from risk and loss. They will be required to prioritise and work independently whilst working as a member of a small team. The role holder will report to the Senior Director, UK Financial Crime and will be responsible for case investigations, transaction monitoring, due diligence reviews, client onboarding file due diligence compliance reviews and provide support and guidance to business partners on a day to day basis.
The individual will have experience of managing a diverse workload in relation to financial crime and fraud related activities and have a strong ability to engage with internal and external business partners, including supporting clients who experience fraud.
They should be able to assess and recommend enhancements to processes and procedures to ensure the firm remain compliant whilst aligning to a risk based approach.
They will need to be able to work on confidential and sensitive matters, exercising good judgement in the execution of their role and putting the needs of the business first. The role holder will also be expected to "cast the right shadow" within the wider business, including acting as a liaison point into the various AML/CTF/Fraud points in the US.
• CDD/KYC file reviews to ensure they are compliant to internal procedures and legislation
• Disposition, investigation and recommendation of alerts relating to sanctions, PEP’s and adverse information
• Conducting AML and CTF investigations, including assessment of Suspicious Activity Reports
• Transaction Monitoring of clients
• Fraud case investigation, including liaison with clients and law enforcement
• Performing Due Diligence reviews
• Providing advice and guidance to internal business partners in relation to financial crime and fraud
• Acting as a subject matter expert and representative of the UK Branch in relation to financial crime and fraud projects
• Building, developing and maintaining strong external tactical relationships with industry and law enforcement
• Maintaining current industry awareness
• Escalation of issues for review and resolution in relation to financial crime and fraud
Skills and Requirements:
• A degree or equivalent work experience is required
• Strong working knowledge of financial crime and fraud prevention
• Strong judgement and critical thinking skills
• Ability to synthesize complex information effectively
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• The ability to work independently and challenge effectively
• Strong prioritisation and workflow management skills
• Relationship building
• Strong Time Management skills
• Technical knowledge
• Ability to work as part of a team
Please apply now to Katie Bowles at CRS
- Financial Crime
- Financial Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job